Clear All

Don't you Start.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Gotta box o' parts waiting to get installed.

New everything...

Tachometer, vacuum gauge, voltmeter, oil pressure and water temp gauges. All autometer arctic white gauges. I have fancy high heat wire conduit for the vacuum lines run as well as LEDs for all of the gauges illumination.

New Police spec KYB gas ajust shocks for the front of the car.

Working on swapping on an angled IAC valve control thingy as well. Will have to paint it so it fits in with the engine theme. The angled bit looks cleaner then the electrical connector pointing straight out like it currently does. It came on a 65mm throttle body I have and is SUPER clean. Hoping it works once it gets installed. No idea if the part is any good...the car runs fine now. Should be easy to tell once it is on if things are unhappy.

Started the car last night and tuned the radio and amp to play nicer with the sub. Plan to run and install the provided bass control knob for the subs amp one of these days as well. Looking into making a bracket that bolts to the underside of the seat to house the bass control pot. I don't want anything mounted to the dash so I figure underneath the seat will work well and still be easily accessible. Odds are I will never adjust the damned thing. One wonders why even bother to install it....I am tired of looking at it in my room so I'll just get rid of it by actually making it useful in the car.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

~David~

Comment

What happened??
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Do tell
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Looks good with the Light bar.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                What happened??
                Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                Do tell
                Dumping coolant out from somewhere. Appears to either be coming from lower intake gasket, head gasket or a freeze plug somewhere on the passengers side rear of the engine.

I have not looked into anything further. Just paid the tow bill (350 big ones...OUCH) put on the HPP wheels, washed her and covered her up. PISSED.

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                Looks good with the Light bar.
                I too thought it looked quite snazzy. Fancy wireless unit equipped with flashers, directionals and all the other fixings. Transmitter plugs right into stock trailer harness.
                ~David~

Comment

That is a fancy light.

I can see why you wanted to park her.

These major overhauls often have multiple fail points.

Hope one day I can make myself accept that.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

350? Where did it puke on a cruise to Montauk Point?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

ouch.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah no fun there.... at least you've got it narrowed down to three culprits so it's only a matter of time before you figure it out.
                        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                          Yeah no fun there.... at least you've got it narrowed down to three culprits so it's only a matter of time before you figure it out.
                          Gonna go with the freeze plugs out of his three choices. The other two typically develop slow leaks that someone with as much attention to detail as him would have noticed right away. Freeze plugs on the other hand are a ticking time bomb if they were not installed properly, or the wrong kind was used. Remember Don's new engine that had to come out a day after it went in cause 5 out of 6 block plugs leaked? That kinda shit. I really think at this point we should just by default assume that reman engines have their freeze plugs pre-fucked for us, so we need to redo them ourselves just to be on the safe side. Deep-cup stainless plugs would be my choice here, NAPA carries them priced very reasonable.
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

yeah, massive sudden leaks do sound more like freeze plug or hose failure than gasket failures. Those rarely pop in a manner that gushes coolant so bad that you can't get where you're going by loosening the rad cap to keep the pressure from building. There is a freeze plug on the rear of the head, along with the ones on the side of the block. Unfortunately they're all basically a bastard to access, and its easier to yank the engine to change them vs trying to fight it in place.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah especially if fancy headers are involved, there's very little space to work in - maybe enough to cock the old plugs out and hammer new ones in, but certainly not enough to get in there with any sort of cleaning tool (like a wire-wheel), and being the engine has been run for a while it's a pretty safe bet the plug bores will need some cleaning. Besides if one plug let go the others of the same type are suspects as well (but leaky head plugs do not suggest bad block plugs or the other way around, as long as block and heads did NOT come from the same shop).
                              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Ouch expensive tow bill. They didn't even use a flatbed for that price.

Comment

Working...
                                X