A Bunch of Day shots.

lol Just a couple.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

that is a nice tudor... ive always liked brown for some reason... but that nice shiny new door makes the rest of the car look really dull lol
        and how did u put that guage pod on ur a-pillar, ive seen it done before, but dont u melt it on there or just snaps on ???
        ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
        ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
          that is a nice tudor... ive always liked brown for some reason... but that nice shiny new door makes the rest of the car look really dull lol
          and how did u put that guage pod on ur a-pillar, ive seen it done before, but dont u melt it on there or just snaps on ???

I put it on it. You buy a universal one then melt it to fit over the pillar molding. I have also done a single pod.

its a huge PITA to accomplish and i did it twice go figure.

Attached Files
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Kick ass mang!! Can't wait to see the car when it's all painted. Will we see you at SF09?

Comment

great looking car!
              1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Thanks all.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                Kick ass mang!! Can't wait to see the car when it's all painted. Will we see you at SF09?

That is still up in the air. Around SF09 time a major event (the Us Open) begins and the company I am involved with starts working. I, still not a full time worker, would love to brown nose them as much as possible... So I will see when the time get closer. My goal is to work with them over the entire summer so I don't know at the moment but would love to come.
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
                  Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  I put it on it. You buy a universal one then melt it to fit over the pillar molding. I have also done a single pod.

its a huge PITA to accomplish and i did it twice go figure.

And just to add...you trim the gauge pod first, then you heat it with a heat gun and mold it to the contour of the pillar itself. then you trim each end (cause melting stretches and you want a clean straight end) then you silicone it to the pillar. then drill holes and etc..the rest is simple. i am debating whether or not to put back my spare pillar with the single gauge pod or just but back my other spare with no pod.
                  ~David~

Comment

New Grille

got my new grille today from Pete(85crownHPP) looks too nice.

~David~

Comment

Damn, why everyone here loves '79 grille so much?
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Not only are they more appealing by design, its also funner to pimp the older and rarer parts

Im glad it arrived to you safely Dave B., hold that box for me!!!
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                          Not only are they more appealing by design, its also funner to pimp the older and rarer parts

Im glad it arrived to you safely Dave B., hold that box for me!!!
                          yes 79's grille are rare and very simple and very clean desgin.
                          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Here is a thread I made up on making Mustang Halo headrests fit in a Panther.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...557#post404557
                            ~David~

Comment

Mustang Bullitt Wheels Acquisition

I got new wheels today for the summer, just for looks and such, since i still have the turbines with tons of life left to them.

one tire has a gash that i am not thrilled about at all but w/e it holds air.

~David~

Comment

those will look so good on that car. the gun metal on the wheels will work well with the brown and the black out treatment.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X