My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    No badges the holes were permanently shut.
    awesome!!
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Wow that looks freakin amazing man. Awsome!

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
      351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
      duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

I don't easily get jealous of others' vehicles around here, but I'll be damned if that vinyl doesn't look fan-fucking-tastic. I wish mine looked that great.

Comment

Looks good man!
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

looks good! how did he get the vinyl to fit so nice around the round roof edges? and when is the paint commin???!!?lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That looks f'n awesome!!!! As good as that looks, I'm still slicktopping mine when the time comes.

Packman

Comment

Thanks everybody!

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                how did he get the vinyl to fit so nice around the round roof edges? and when is the paint commin???!!?lol
                Two grown men pulling with all their might gets nice round roof edges. And I have no idea when paint will be.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Did some more wet sanding today. Did the header panel, tail light housings and half of the rear quarter panels. I have plastic covering up the rear quarter windows because I sealed them up yesterday and dont want them to get wet by the rain we are having so I only could only get half of both rear quarter panels. It is truly amazing how smooth wet sanding the primer gets the car. It is a major pita ten times over but it will definitely be worth it.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You make me wanna get new vinyl and theres nothing wrong with mine.
                    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey you think that vinyl looks nice now, let it bake a week in the sun and all the tiny wrinkles will be out of that sucker (I'm not referring to the texture, just to avoid confusion.) Looks good man! Oh and in the sun that car looks pretty damn straight, body shop did good.
                      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

That's a damn nice looking top. Is that the metallic brown color?

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                          That's a damn nice looking top. Is that the metallic brown color?
                          The top of the seeping paint? Top does not really have any metallic to it (though it does shine nice in the sun) and the paint is just some metallic brown that was covering all of the areas underneath the vinyl top. The final color will be different.
                          ~David~

Comment

Only two hours?!! Man that is fast!! And it was only 250 bucks???

Comment

Yes. I came there with the top already off as well as all of the trim and side windows off and out. Spent some time filling in the body gaps with thick foam, massaged it into place (sanding with 80 grit paper to do so) and the roof was ready for the top. Sprayed the passengers side of the roof first then the drivers side. Tucked in all of the edges all around. Cut little slits for the rear window trim clips to be installed and the job was done. They taped all of the edges down and I drove home and reinstalled all of the trim. Reinstalling the trim was the time consuming part (not part of the two hours). But yeah 2 hours and 250 bucks and I was outa there.
                              ~David~

Comment

Fuck man. Do they only do vinyl? Do they do custom shit? I have a coach roof that I want to change to a full top like Thain's Galactica and then have a moon roof installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X