No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do convertible tops as well as vinyl as well as auto interiors (wrapping dashes carpets, seats headliners etc). I believe convertible tops are similar in material to coach roof stuff and as long as what you are asking makes sense I would say they can assist you. I am sure if the moon roof is already installed they can cover everything for you other wise they may have to hire out that part of the job.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Damn thats nice, Dave. And I'm a slick top kind of guy.

This is going to be a really sharp car when its done. Any ideas if we'll see it in new paint at SF10?
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thanks. I sure hope so but hoping means nothing.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I may have missed it, but how noticeable is the ride noise with all the sound deadener in? Would you recommend the padding from JCWhitney that you used?

Comment

that is sweet!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962 View Post
              I may have missed it, but how noticeable is the ride noise with all the sound deadener in? Would you recommend the padding from JCWhitney that you used?
              It is hard to tell as of yet because I still do not have my door panels installed or any other interior pieces. I cannot see how that thick of a paadding combined with some sound deadening mat did not do anything though.

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              that is sweet!
              Thanks
              ~David~

Comment

Wet sanded the p. side 1/4, door and fender as well as the d.side fender today. Getting there!
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  No badges the holes were permanently shut.

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                  You make me wanna get new vinyl and theres nothing wrong with mine.
                  Yeah, seriously. Makes me want to go put a brown vinyl top on my T-bird now.

Okay, no, not really.
                  Last edited by ; 05-14-2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Installed the new padding between the roof and the back side of the headliner cardboard. Tomorrow I will install the headliner and rear trim panels. Those have been out of the car for about a year now lol. Hope it all goes back into place and everything is nice and quite well as quite as can be with a car with no door panels installed.
                    ~David~

Comment

Cool! Now come finish mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                        Cool! Now come finish mine.
                        Ha! I am sick of working on cars, though I dont mind working on others just because I wont become as attached to them. This projects is taking way to damn long. I just want it to be finished sell the car or store it for years and drive a shit box around so I never have to worry about a ding or dent. So much work going into the car (cosmetic and aesthetic wise) that it will definitely lead to tears.
                        ~David~

Comment

When I painted my car I never intended it to be the last paint job the car ever receives, so when I found a couple dings on the hood it didn't bother me as much.

Comment

Interior Back In!

Yeah! I finally have my interior back together aside from door panels. It has been apart for over a year, but alas good things come to those who wait.

Between the headliner and other places I put some Rebond Carpet pad and rug cushion to further deaden any sound that dares enter my interior. I did it the quick and easy way...duct tape...I should have spray glued everything but duct tape works faster. No pics of that....

But then I started getting the panels back in...headliner first, then sail panels and then all of the trims. I installed a vapor barrier between the lower quarter interior panels (just because I can) and then finally buttoned everything up. Having an interior really makes me like the car again.

Front trim, trimmed for my mirror harness cover:

P.side:

D.side:

And rear:

Next is to wet sand the d.side door and quarter panel, get the plastic pieces of the car primed and blocked with the special plastic primer stuff and then paint.
                            ~David~

Comment

That thing's going to be like a new car when it's done!
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                The top of the seeping paint? Top does not really have any metallic to it (though it does shine nice in the sun) and the paint is just some metallic brown that was covering all of the areas underneath the vinyl top. The final color will be different.
                                I was referring to the new vinyl. You said back on page 34 you were getting a metallic brown vinyl. Is that what you decided to go with?

sigpic
                                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
                                X