• Time
  • Show
Clear All

the guy who did your vinyl roof looks like Lewis Black

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
      the guy who did your vinyl roof looks like Lewis Black
      haha he does kinda lol
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

ha would you look at that! He does.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ok, wheres the paint man?! lol im way ahead of you! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I dont know. I am saying WTF too. Gonna be a two year project coming up in October and I am getting sick of it.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Drive around video

Me driving to autozone....two parts

http://static.photobucket.com/player...r/MOV03218.flv

http://static.photobucket.com/player...r/MOV03219.flv

wow I seriously need a video camera...and not just a camera that shoots video lol
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-01-2010, 01:16 PM.
              ~David~

Comment

that horn pad (and the interior in general) looks great.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Thanks. The interior is in great shape. I am very thankful for that because finding tudor beige interior parts is difficult.

Today I hosed down the exhaust manifold bolts with liquid wrench in preparation for a header swap. I purchased new 19 inch o2 sensors to fit into the high fow catted H pipe I have and I installed the rear window trim clips back on the car. I had them removed for the vinyl top replacement.

Probably Thursday I will purchase header gaskets. we will see if anything gets done though.
                  ~David~

Comment

lol @ the frog

Comment

I like my Budweiser frog.

Charged up the AC system after my dad got home. Nice new R12. Ahh freakin ice cold in the car. Hopefully it lasts the season and I will just fill up every year.
                      ~David~

Comment

Yesterday I feathered out all of the rock chips in the header panel that accumulated over the 23+ years of its life. Applied a couple coats of high build filler primer and blocked everything smooth. I also took care of one chip in the hood. Much nicer looking now without any chips. I also did this on the drivers side of the car where chips were present and previously not taken care of. I still have some other areas to address in order to make this car perfect.

I also filled up the car with some more r12.

Today I ordered a couple cans of flexible primer for the bumper filler pieces from Summit. I hope I get a couple nice days next week to prime up the bumper fillers and do some more work on the car.

I wanna take the air powered wire wheel to the undersides of the doors and trunk lid lip and clean that up to bare metal and apply Rustoleum Rust Reformer spray. I may even get that done on the underside of the car. Then the bottom of the doors will be sprayed with Rustoleum Rusty metal primer and then the entire door jamb will be sprayed with filler primer, then paint then clear.

Luckily the bottom of the doors are not bad, I am just making sure that it never gets worse as I want this car to last a long time.

Just a couple of more issues need to be taken care of at the body shop like getting some paint mixed up so I can jamb the doors, and fixing one last dent that was glossed over previously but it is getting close.

Way too humid and muggy today to get anything done.

I also just took stock of all the paint I have and it totals over 17 cans of various paints for various jobs. Clears, primers, Rust Reformers, Top coats and vinyl dyes. This car surly gets A+ treatment.
                        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-04-2010, 09:52 AM. Reason: yikes I cannot count paint cans 17 not 24 lol
                        ~David~

Comment

Picked up a set of Felpro header gaskets, an ECT (because the one I have on the car now was on the pipe when I bought it from Tim Marks) some Rust Reformer and Filler Primer as well as some JB Weld...just because...

Fixed an annoying rattle (that was first shown in the videos I posted the other day) which turned out to be the sill plate screw jumping out of the screw hole. I fixed that up with a larger screw and all is well.

When going to pick up the parts this morning the left hand directional in the cluster quit on me so when I got back I ripped the cluster out and replaced he bulb and no everything is working again.

Vacuumed out the car from all of the foam that was used to fill in the gaps in the roof before the new vinyl top was put on and then cruised around a bit. This car runs damn well in the 30-45 MPH range and you stomp on it down shifts to first and you go flying...well as much as one can fly in a LOPO.

I hope that the high flow cats and headers will wake up the car...and possible the ECT sensor may even make the car run smoother???

Wait and see.
                          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-04-2010, 10:02 AM. Reason: Forgot to add story about directional
                          ~David~

Comment

ooooh go fast parts! Any idea what mufflers to go with those headers and cats?
                            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I currently have a custom 2 1/4" h pipe cat back installed in the car. I will probably just adapt the newer headers and h pipe to my current exhaust. Gonna have to do some choppin' and weldin' but I cannot waste any money really on things other than paint. In due time though I do want to get magnaflows and have another custom exhaust bent up in 2.5" that will probably happen next year. Baby steps....I really have not done much research into what mufflers I really want.
                              ~David~

Comment

Body Work Week Nine

no pics..just work!

Fixed numerous spots with spot puddy (still have to wet sand out level), primed my license plate bucket and metal bumper fillers as well as repaired my fender with Evercoat Kitty Hair. I had a little rust poking through the primer underneath where the wheel well trim will go so I had the guys grind out all of the rust that was there with a whiz wheel and we globbed in the Evercoat kitty hair and then of course sand it down and topped with finishing puddy and sanded out and primed. Even though that rust would have been hidden it still needed to be taken care of properly.

Also took care of some spider cracking near the passengers side door handle that resulted in me putting back the door handle too quick and cracking the primer in multiple places when the car was first primed. That is all fixed up and ready to sand out.

I hope to prime all of the plastic bumper filler pieces tomorrow with my flexible primer, grind down the bottom of the doors and apply the rust reformer and wet sand out any places work was done today.

Gonna go around the car a couple of times with the spot puddy and fill in any little scratches or dings and wet sand that out in the weeks to come.

Car is looking good.
                                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-06-2010, 11:16 AM.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X