No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention I want to install new headers as well as off road x pipe because I no longer have to pass the sniffer....then I want the engine to blow so I can replace that! It never ends.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

still looking good! where did you get the carpet for the dash pad?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

My gf never dented the hood of my 87 Grand Marq :heyhey:

It was brown too. It's a sign 87GT.

Pete
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post

Pete
          what are you trying to say? lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Pete
            Last edited by Piece-it pete; 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM.
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375

Comment

87gtVIC- your paint looks amazing, like glass!

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78
                Sounds like a lot of work for someone selling their car. Car looks good after a bath. I am so glad down here in NJ we had rain this weekend to wash all the salt away.
                Even if it is for sale I still enjoy making it better and better.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                still looking good! where did you get the carpet for the dash pad?

I purchased it from jcwhitney some 4 years ago. I also purchased a matching rear deck one. Looks as if the price came down a lot or they are making them cheaper. I paid 55 a piece...now they seem to be 30 each.

Originally posted by ford man View Post
                87gtVIC- your paint looks amazing, like glass!
                Thank you very very much. Virtus high solids urethane clear coat FTW. Goes on thick! Two coats of this stuff is like 6 or more coats of other brands. Really makes the car stand out.

And the music playing in the video is coming out of the cars speakers. I have one nice system.
                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-05-2011, 02:18 PM.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post

Pete

Yes it is a sign isn't it...a sign you want to relive your youth by purchasing this fine looking automobile recreating that moment with that special gf for the rest of your life. mirite?
                  ~David~

Comment

lol! Need to roll back the clock on my now-wife too

She's not reading this, is she?

Pete

Comment

~David~

Comment

If you wanna blow up your engine, I got a bottle of clunker bomb above me. No joke!

Comment

I don't have the heart to do it that way. That is like murder. I am happy it is still running but wouldn't be angry if she blows. It has to happen naturally.
                          ~David~

Comment

Just drive the piss out of it... it's what I do to the 85. I've decided I'd rather enjoy the days I have left with it, instead of watching it slowly rust away while coddling it.
                            If it goes boink, I'll still have loosely 2 grand worth of stuff to put in another box
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

hell yeah, I figure if I blow the Crown Vic up, I deal with the Esteem for a summer while I Save for a 408W rotating assembly.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

One day she will blow..probably at the most inconvenient time...but progress will be made then.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X