No announcement yet.

my findings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing car! Gorgeous lines! Imagine how pissed you'd be if someone in a parking lot hit you with a minivan!

Comment

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That thing rocks. I've always wanted to do a '57 Ford school bus with an FE transplant with OD and modest gears so I could run 75 MPH with no problems. I can see the faces now with the '57 rolling down on down I-77.

I forget all the engine available, but I remember a 302 being available in '56 HD Trucks. I don't remember what it was based off of though. Ford had lots of uncommon engines in the fifties, when was the last time you saw a Mercury 383?
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          Ford had lots of uncommon engines in the fifties, when was the last time you saw a Mercury 383?
          I've never heard of a Mercury 383...
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

found on the net: the original 87 Crown Vic from Men in Black

http://volocars.com/1987-ford-crown-...-car-c-594.htm

1984 LTD Crown Vic "Night Stalker"

Comment

You tryin' to make me want to downgrade to 15" wheels and dig up a grey interior?

Bet mine's faster.

Incidentally, I notice that car has no badge on the sail panel ... perhaps some of the stunt cars were not originally slicktops and the badges on the rest were removed to match?

Also interesting that it has a split bench, and that the steering column trim looks like it was not originally grey.

Dig the trunk gadgetry.... gotta wonder what it actually does, as I don't recall seeing inside the trunk during the movie.

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

'66 Plymouth Belvedere Wagon

http://moncton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ80889373
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

'70 Mark III

http://moncton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ80771215
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

'85 (2 door) Grand Marquis glass

http://moncton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ78560917
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      as I don't recall seeing inside the trunk during the movie.
                      Sure you did. You saw the big jet/rocket engines fold out during the tunnel scene. That's what it looks like all folded up.
                      And there is a big secret in there too... shhhh, don't tell anyone... there is ALOT of creative license in movies. (TV shows, too)
                      We wouldn't want that info to get out.
                      1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                      1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                      1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Mercury 383 was part of the MEL V8 big block family of engines (Mercury/Edsel/Lincoln 383/410/430/462)
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

ew, crank windows, wtf.

wonder what they ripped the digitial cluster out of.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Why did they have to have MIB on the side? it wasn't on the car in the movie, sorta ruins it actually...
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                              Why did they have to have MIB on the side? it wasn't on the car in the movie, sorta ruins it actually...
                              its just vinyl decaling, can be removed, these guys have a history of plastering HEY LOOK AT ME IM A MOVIE CAR decals on them

1984 LTD Crown Vic "Night Stalker"

Comment

I've seen at least a dozen cars claiming to be the MIB car. The first one was in person at a Kruse auction. The doors on that car were the most dented wavy things I ever saw.
                                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X