Need Help Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Please.

Recently I bought a used car Ford Grand Marquis LS 1997 Model made in Canada. It is 285000 km driven. I found that there is a yellow indicator on showing " check engine" and also green indicator showing "check air suspension". What does that mean and What to do? My car is fully automatic with digital indicators and speedometer.

I shall be much thankful.

Welcome to the forums!

for the "check engine" light, i recommend going to a garage and getting the car scanned. they can tell you what codes come up, and what they mean.

for the "check air suspension", i myself am not sure, but it would seem a component went bad or is missing.

Comment

"Check Air Suspension" could be as simple as the switch in the trunk being turned off, or there could be a problem with the air ride. A garage can scan that system as well.

Ray
      Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
      Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Autozone, etc checks it for free, just bring it to them and they will tell you the code for the CEL, as for the air suspesnion, could be the switch got bumpped or something is broke, or isn't getting power.
        LPP71 from CVN

Comment

Disconect the - from battery for about 30 mins then reconect it & it will turn off the check engine light then if that don`t work then get it check it for codes then........
          2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
          85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
          07 JCL 250 A Scooter
          79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

That wont fix anything Regis.

Take the car and get it scanned for codes, then post them. If the vehicle seems to be running fine, then it's most likely the egr ports in the throttle body are plugged up (very common for these vehicles)

as for the air suspension, it could very well just be turned off, but have that scanned as well
            GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
            1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
            99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
            03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
            95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by seneeb View Post
              That wont fix anything Regis.

Take the car and get it scanned for codes, then post them. If the vehicle seems to be running fine, then it's most likely the egr ports in the throttle body are plugged up (very common for these vehicles)

as for the air suspension, it could very well just be turned off, but have that scanned as well
              Thanks seneeb and everybody who responded to my query.
              Because I am new to this type of car, I feel difficulty in knowing the terms. By the way what is meant by egr ports and how to treat that?

It will take sometime for me to get to garage because garage is away from me and I have no time to go from my duty place.

Thanks once again.

Comment

Originally posted by apple2005 View Post
                Thanks seneeb and everybody who responded to my query.
                Because I am new to this type of car, I feel difficulty in knowing the terms. By the way what is meant by egr ports and how to treat that?

It will take sometime for me to get to garage because garage is away from me and I have no time to go from my duty place.

Thanks once again.
                The port that allows it to flow, I suggest seafoam, but everyone has there own idea what works best.
                LPP71 from CVN

Comment

Seafoam will never even touch the EGR valve !

You have to remove the EGR valve itself ( have a replacement gasket from Ford handy) and you have to clean it yourself.

Its that funny looking UFO thingy on the passanger side of the Throttle body.

This is just to help you identify the EGR. This picture is from the firewall point of view....the engine is backwards from how you see it.

Be careful with the EGR tube that runs back behind the engine..Its fragile at your cars age.

Comment

Originally posted by 97cv View Post
                    Seafoam will never even touch the EGR valve !

You have to remove the EGR valve itself ( have a replacement gasket from Ford handy) and you have to clean it yourself.

Its that funny looking UFO thingy on the passanger side of the Throttle body.

This is just to help you identify the EGR. This picture is from the firewall point of view....the engine is backwards from how you see it.

Be careful with the EGR tube that runs back behind the engine..Its fragile at your cars age.

Thanks 97cv for the beautiful diagram. It helped me a lot. I will be back once I have time to go to garage. Thanks for all who wanted to help me.

Comment

hey, that looks like one of the images i posted about fixing p0401 codes!

ahem, yea

where am i?
                      95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

I has disc now ! Yahoo...

96-99 only tho

Comment

ahhhh

i has up to 07 but i gots to find them
                          95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Wanna share ?

Comment

Working...
                            X