New 1990 LSC Mark VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
    I thought the 90 HO motors were Mass Air, what year was the switch? And my cam does just fine in my Silverado which while in a 260hp motor it also weighs about 4300lbs and has 2.73 gears.
    may i ask why the hell we are comparing a silverado with a GM engine to a 302 lincoln lsc?

Comment

You say that as if i'm comparing a bicycle to a jet. The SBC and SBF aren't that terribly different.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

You say that as if i'm comparing a bicycle to a jet. The SBC and SBF aren't that terribly different.
        You're an idiot. Sorry.

Nevermind your recommendation of that poor excuse of a cam-the e303.

Comment

Knock it off. I think we got the point.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Dan, the engines are indeed fairly similar, however the air/fuel delivery systems are very different - the TBI engine you have can generally tolerate a lot more cam than the speed-density SEFI in the 302.

Comment

My Sierra has the stock cam, my Silverado has a 4bbl and it's the one with the cam.

But why can't speed density tolerate a bigger cam? My Mustang is speed density and there are lots of guys with the E303 cam in it and theirs run great.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

But why can't speed density tolerate a bigger cam? My Mustang is speed density and there are lots of guys with the E303 cam in it and theirs run great.

because they run mass air with a cam like that.

Comment

My Sierra has the stock cam, my Silverado has a 4bbl and it's the one with the cam.

See below...

Originally posted by 70torino429 View Post
                  because they run mass air with a cam like that.
                  The reason is because a larger cam results in less vacuum. Speed density relies on the manifold vacuum. When vacuum is lower, it won;t run properly.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yea, thanks for the complete thread jack there...

But today, we found a complete 5.0 1997 explorer at the local JY, and it has the GT40 heads on it, the JY only wants $200 for the whole engine.

So today, we busted the hood latch pull so nobody gets in there lol.
                    But we are gonna go there early tomorrow an pull it...I will most likely have pics up of it, its pretty clean and has 130,xxx miles on it.
                    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I thought the 90 HO motors were Mass Air, what year was the switch?
                      For the Mark VII, never. California Mustangs got mass air in 88, 49 state got it in 89, but the Mark VII was speed density through the end of production in 1992.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
                        Yea, thanks for the complete thread jack there...

But today, we found a complete 5.0 1997 explorer at the local JY, and it has the GT40 heads on it, the JY only wants $200 for the whole engine.

So today, we busted the hood latch pull so nobody gets in there lol.
                        But we are gonna go there early tomorrow an pull it...I will most likely have pics up of it, its pretty clean and has 130,xxx miles on it.
                        Nice. Busting the latch is something i would do as well.
                        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice. Busting the latch is something i would do as well.
                          Yea, its a good way to keep people from getting into things lol

But, we got the engine pulled today, it took us 3 hours from pulling into the parking lot to leaving.

It was very easy considering someone pulled the transmission a day before lol
                          While pulling the engine, we took a break and checked the rearend just to see, turned out it was a 3:73 Locker, that got pulled too lol

The engine is VERY clean, it had about no carbon in the exhaust, and looking into the exhaust ports, it was just spotless, the only problem is alot of dusty rust on the outside, it looks like this engine was never painted, but that can be easily cleaned up with a buffer.

Now, we are just wondering if we should just sell these heads/intake and most of the other stuff, and just buy some other GT40P heads.

I also took pics of the Mark 8 fan, and the 3G alt.

But all in all, the engine, rear gears, and a PI swaybar for my merc cost us a total of $239.47, i think we made out good. lol

Welp, here are some pics
                          Attached Files
                          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Great deal man.
                            ~David~

Comment

Aren't Explorers a 31 spline axle? If so, that traction lock won't work.

Good deal on the motor too. Looks like an early engine, which has the more desirable intake since its got EGR passages.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yes, 96 and up explorers were most definately 31 spline axles
                                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
                                1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
                                http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

Working...
                                X