8.8 All back to gether!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.8 All back to gether!

I finished today, and tooks some pics. I also put the drop light under the car to simulate some white underglow. Sad part is I like it... don't hurt me.

Well here they are, enjoy!

lookin good man! i like that differential.......send me one!
    get that beast ready for scottfest.........catch me if u can!! :slug:

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

lookin good man! i like that differential.......send me one!
      get that beast ready for scottfest.........catch me if u can!! :slug:

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Nicely detailed. How about some "posi marks".

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TommyN
            Nicely detailed. How about some "posi marks".

Tom
            I'll be sure to do that, as soon as I have a tranny to hook that rear end up to

Comment

looks good man, keep up the good work!!!
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

you're not going to make it easy on me are ya?

Lookin good

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Nice work. :thumbsup: What brand is the posi unit?

Comment

To be honest I'm not quite sure, It is a Detroit TrueTrac, made by TracTech Inc.

So I would assume it is TracTech brand. However, it doesn't matter, because they are the only ones that make this kinds of posi for the C-retainer rear ends. So no matter what they call it, or in my case, they don't call it anything but a truetrac 8.8, it's going to be the same thing made by TracTech.

Comment

That looks damn nice.
                      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

nice!!!!!!!!!! good work on that
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                          To be honest I'm not quite sure, It is a Detroit TrueTrac, made by TracTech Inc.

So I would assume it is TracTech brand. However, it doesn't matter, because they are the only ones that make this kinds of posi for the C-retainer rear ends. So no matter what they call it, or in my case, they don't call it anything but a truetrac 8.8, it's going to be the same thing made by TracTech.
                          Just to clarify, it is made by the company TracTech Inc. They make all the Detroit differentials.

I finally found a decent exploded view of it so I figured I'd post it.

Comment

What shade of blue is that? Seems lighter than the regular Ford Blue I've seen on engines...

Comment

That looks like GM corporate blue.

Comment

Working...
                              X