No announcement yet.

Door window weather stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so your window has no issues going up or down with the weather strip tight around the vent channel?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

No issues whatsoever. I did install new none remanufactured window motors and lubed up the channels well though when the car was put back together. The only area anything is tight on my car is the top channels because I have the vent visors...the clips for the visors makes things a tight fit.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What I ordered for the Towncar was either WC16-96 or WC15-72. I can't find the receipt to confirm which it was, but I know it was one of those two.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok cool. thanks mang! i will look into it.

Comment

im comparing the two part numbers. basicly, the difference is the width. one is 3/8s of an inch wide, the other is at 7/16s.

Comment

yeah, it wasn't much difference. I seem to recall measuring the stock stuff somewhere in between those dimensions.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Need help finding a part

Need help finding a part for a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis
                I'm looking for ALL 4 Window Glass Run's
                I think the part # for the front door's are e8az5421596a
                AND I think the Rear is foaz5425766a

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME Please let me know ASAP I REALLY NEED THEM BAD!
                Thanks
                Mike
                Last edited by 99 Unit; 04-07-2011, 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

was at the wreckers yesterday. found an 89 towncar with nice cond door rubbers. best part is that they were free. that will save some money. now i just need to wait for the new stuff i ordered to come in the mail. and daves way with the dozen slits on the channel to make the bends, is used by ford and looks like it works awsome.

Comment

just went through this thread again. has anyone verified that '90s ford rangers use the same style door channel rubber?

Comment

I haven't.
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I know this is a old thread but nice fine guys.....Exactly how many pieces do we need for a 4 door CV with the vent windows on the front doors? 3 or 4?
                        The Best
                        Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Since coupe window w/s has been NLA for at least 15 yrs, I did an end run............purchased two w/s for the four door.........used one full piece, and butt glued a piece from the other w/s in place............looks and seals great.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/embed/85etSY-NBJ0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

found this. would a mustang run channel fit crown vics it also has a pre bent 90 on it

Comment

There is a thread on here about the perfect replacement window run channels.
                              ~David~

Comment

Just ordered dew wipes from JC Whitney without you alls help I wouldn't have known what to get. Here is a pic. of the old dew wipes ATTACH=CONFIG]36925[/ATTACH]

Thanks so much!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by papawto8; 08-04-2013, 03:41 PM.
                                "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach​ a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat drinking beer all day."

Comment

Working...
                                X