No announcement yet.

Door window weather stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought that thain only ran into an issue with his cuts for the corners. i ordered anyway. if they dont work for my lincoln, they will work awsome for GMGT.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I wasnt too sure, but I just wanted to mention it to you. And 'werd' should work well fro GMGT.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you mean W3RD! lol

Comment

yeah.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Comment

I'm referring to the outside of the door (the rub strip on the door). The endcap for the driver door strip is AWOL. It's the color matched rubber strip in a shiny track.

I just realized this it probably in the wrong thread. *shrugs*

one of these days I'll start paying attention to the topic when reading threads.
              Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yes wrong thread.
                ~David~

Comment

mines held up great as well.
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The vertical dividing bar between the drop vent and the main glass requires a different and smaller size channel than what goes around the rest of the glass. Fords/Mercs do not require 2 different sizes of material. I forget what the smaller stuff was, but I may have posted it here someplace. If not, I'll dig through my receipts when I get home to let you know what it is.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

vent window and non vent window vic and gm boxes us the same channel run weatherstripping......discovered that tonite.....to use non vent window channel run strips, just remove the metal bracket.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        The vertical dividing bar between the drop vent and the main glass requires a different and smaller size channel than what goes around the rest of the glass. Fords/Mercs do not require 2 different sizes of material. I forget what the smaller stuff was, but I may have posted it here someplace. If not, I'll dig through my receipts when I get home to let you know what it is.
                        but you did order the smaller channel felt from the same place correct? and what was it like installing the stuff on the vent glass channel?

Comment

yes, the large and small stuff came from the same place. Small stuff installs like big stuff. I think I used a putty knife to shove it in at the very top where it meets the larger stuff but otherwise it just pushes in place. Its kind of a pain in the ass sliding it down past the glass. I had to use some lube to make it go. If your lady friend happens to be inclined to taking the dirt road, you'll already have the proper stuff available. I purchased some with CSJ. He found it not nearly as amusing as I did.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lol no dirt roads here. the part number will be awsome, then i can order it. i got alot of work ahead of me for the ol' lincoln. gonna take me a month to finnish everything lol. and someone should sticky this thread

Comment

i was checking out my wagon and looking at my brothers towncar. the small metal channel on my wagon thats between the vent window, seems to be identical to the towncar vent window channel. from what i can see, the OEM molded channel rubber is streached and heated to fit the area where the two channels meet. i think i will go to the wreckers next weekend and remove some from a towncar to study.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                I had to use some lube to make it go. If your lady friend happens to be inclined to taking the dirt road, you'll already have the proper stuff available. I purchased some with CSJ. He found it not nearly as amusing as I did.
                                That is funny. :lol:

Yes the hard part was sliding it around the glass inside the door. I also used a putty knife/ and some nylon pry tools to seat the channel material in the channel...and a razor blade to carefully cut slits on the back side of the material for the corners/curves. It was a tight fit for the material in the vent channel but everything works and looks fine.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X