Door window weather stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
    Yea, I still have a long way to go. Doing the slicktop conversion, and painting the jambs is gonna make it take even longer than usual to complete.

By all means let us know how it works out though!
    yep i will report back. good or bad lol I will make a write up of sorts covering the dew wipes and window channels.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

UPDATE

So i ordered a window channel style number 26. and a dew wipe style number 43.

Window channels (red is what i bought Green is what i wanted but was discontinued)

Dew wipes (red is what i bought)

The dew wipe is pretty much the exact match to everyone's existing ones and i would definitely recommend it to anyone. I am telling you all that this is the one and Scott can confirm this as well.

Here are some pictures comparing it to a stock piece.

They look pretty much identical. So this is the item to get.

The window channel on the other hand is not good at all. It will get the job done but it is absolutely nothing like the original. I placed the new one in a window channel and it is not large enough, nor is it the same dimensions. I would have like to get style 27 as circled in GREEN but it has been discontinued :cuss: because that would have been the perfect fit.

Here is style 26 in the actual window channel

and here is the original window channel in the actual window channel

You can see that it is nowhere near the same as the original and it does not securely hold the window in place. It may be problematic. Who knows. I wont find out until i install it.

Here the old and new are compared (new being the dinky little thing on the left of your monitor)

I took it one step further and installed it in the actual door.

Just to show its temporarily installed.

Style 26 in the channel

And the original one in the channel.

You can see that the original is larger and covers the tracks more that the new window channel. Overall i am not satisfied with the fit. But there isnt really anythhing better out there that i know of.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Dame mang, that really sucks... Dunno what I'm gonna do now.

Thanks a shitton for saving me the trouble though. I really do appreciate that.

Comment

No problem Brandon. It will work, but the window channel is far from the correct piece. Make sure you let me know if you find something better.
          ~David~

Comment

I will indeed let you know if I come across a near OEM source for them. Right now I'm thinking that the only cheap recourse will be to source the window channels from previously garaged junkyard cars. We have a lot of nice previously garaged grandma owned Towncars in the U-Pull-It here, and they should have the same window channels as the Sedan CV/GM's. I'm also gonna scour the internet to try and find another source for them, and also call some places that I know of.

I'm gonna go ahead and order the Style 43 dew wipes, as well. As they look like an exact OEM match. Thanks for posting that btw, very helpful.

Comment

I will indeed let you know if I come across a near OEM source for them. Right now I'm thinking that the only cheap recourse will be to source the window channels from previously garaged junkyard cars. We have a lot of nice previously garaged grandma owned Towncars in the U-Pull-It here, and they should have the same window channels as the Sedan CV/GM's. I'm also gonna scour the internet to try and find another source for them, and also call some places that I know of.

I'm gonna go ahead and order the Style 43 dew wipes, as well. As they look like an exact OEM match. Thanks for posting that btw, very helpful.
              I would also be interested in window channels if you find anything, j/y around here are no good for older cars.
              sigpic
              Current Rides
              67 Cougar XR7
              97 Mountaineer 5.0
              03 Ranger XLT

Comment

I found a link to a picture of style number 27. BUt that bastard was luck enough to have it. He too now realized that jcwhitney no longer stocks it.

Original thread
                http://www.ford-forums.com/ford-fair...therstrip.html

The link to pictures.
                http://jpkvideoonline.com/jpk_video_online_031.htm
                ~David~

Comment

This looks similar. Maybe its worth a shot?

http://raybuck.com/c-54803-ford-wind...therstrip.html

http://raybuck.com/i-66585-83-94-ran...nt-window.html

~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87LongroofCP View Post
                    I would also be interested in window channels if you find anything, j/y around here are no good for older cars.
                    No prob, I'm gonna harvest ALL the nice sets of window channels that I find from now on. I will harvest you a good set as well, unless I find a new, confirmed OEM fit, source that I can point you to.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

I actually found that site last night while searching, and the 83-94 Ford does look pretty damn close to the OEM stuff. I think I will order a small sample piece sometime soon, and give it a try. I will let you know, unless you would like it try it first.

Comment

I actually found that site last night while searching, and the 83-94 Ford does look pretty damn close to the OEM stuff. I think I will order a small sample piece sometime soon, and give it a try. I will let you know, unless you would like it try it first.
                      You can do the honors this time. And if they look good i will definitely purchase it as well.
                      ~David~

Comment

No prob, I'm gonna harvest ALL the nice sets of window channels that I find from now on. I will harvest you a good set as well, unless I find a new, confirmed OEM fit, source that I can point you to.

That would be so awesome, that's one of the very few things I need for the body, besides new woodgrain. Mine shows it's southern roots.
                        sigpic
                        Current Rides
                        67 Cougar XR7
                        97 Mountaineer 5.0
                        03 Ranger XLT

Comment

See if these guys have anything

https://secure.steelerubber.com/

Comment

Looks like almost all Mustang stuff ... big surprise there ....
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                              See if these guys have anything

https://secure.steelerubber.com/
                              I cant even figure out how to use that site.
                              ~David~

Comment

what i can do to help yall mangs out is to start harvesting waetherstripping from the cars around me and bring to scottfest if yall like and anythign else you think might be usueful but has to fit inside my linc i can get a 140 police speedo too
                                89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Working...
                                X