No announcement yet.

Door window weather stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah it definitely does, I'm going to order 2 96" pieces for my front doors.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

:headbang:
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Came in the mail today. I will mach it up in my spare window frame when the weather gets nicer. I foresee myself cutting a 90 degree slit for the back corner of the window.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice!! mine hasn't come yet, you got the 33-96 right?? let me know how that works, maybe practice on the sample peice? i was wondering how the bend would work out..
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

I am lucky I have the old door window frame to practice on. I am going to determine where the hard 90 degree bend would end up on the piece of material I have by placing it up against my cars interior. I will put a piece of masking tape over the area where the bend would take place. Then take a square and mark a 90 degree angle out on each side of the weatherstripping and then cut the two triangles out leaving the center portion untouched. This should allow the material to bend enough and create a near seamless corner. Then I will just apply some black silicone to the mating surface just to make it water tight in that corner. I am lucky because I do not have to make it look perfect because I have these new vent shades to install on the car and they would cover up that edge anyway.

And yes 33-96
            ~David~

Comment

Could you please explain the terminology "33-96"? The only thing I can find on JCWhitney after entering "weatherstrip" into the search field is the "style 33" from this illustration: http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/p...8570G_CL_1.jpg (which is obviously NOT window channel!) Searching for "33" yields nothing at all useful.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                This is what I will be purchasing at one time or another. I am pretty confident it is the closest stuff available and it is CHEAP!

click online catalog....click part type...click Window channels and sweepers then buy this: WC 21-96

http://www.metrommp.com/

That is the company we are going through, i can see why you are confused haha.
                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I am lucky I have the old door window frame to practice on. I am going to determine where the hard 90 degree bend would end up on the piece of material I have by placing it up against my cars interior. I will put a piece of masking tape over the area where the bend would take place. Then take a square and mark a 90 degree angle out on each side of the weatherstripping and then cut the two triangles out leaving the center portion untouched. This should allow the material to bend enough and create a near seamless corner. Then I will just apply some black silicone to the mating surface just to make it water tight in that corner. I am lucky because I do not have to make it look perfect because I have these new vent shades to install on the car and they would cover up that edge anyway.

And yes 33-96
                  Goodluck! Let us/me know how it goes!
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                    That is the company we are going through, i can see why you are confused haha.
                    Ooooh. My brain hasn't been with me lately, can you tell?

Wonder if the suitable dew wipe and door weatherstrip are also available on that site .... looks offhand like their better-organized online catalog is an advantage over JCWhitney.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I dont know but I have received a free sample from them of some WC 33-96 and that was way off. I dont want to continue asking for free samples lol.
                      I was re-reading this thread and i forgot you said this....how come originally you thought it did not work out>??
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        Could you please explain the terminology "33-96"? The only thing I can find on JCWhitney after entering "weatherstrip" into the search field is the "style 33" from this illustration: http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/p...8570G_CL_1.jpg (which is obviously NOT window channel!) Searching for "33" yields nothing at all useful.
                        Go to this webpage: http://www.metrommp.com/ Click on online catalog, click on part type, click on window channels and sweepers and search through them. As far as them having the dew wipe? Don't know. But what I do know is that they charge a large amount to ship dew wipes. JcWhitney has the correct type and ships it cheaper than metro.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                        I was re-reading this thread and i forgot you said this....how come originally you thought it did not work out>??
                        I originally tried the sample in a vent window I had lying around and it was very snug. And based off of just trying it on the vent window channel I dismissed using it, until I actually tried it in the actual window frame.
                        ~David~

Comment

Well guess what came in MY mail today.....

It fits GREAT, good seal, didn't take me long to do at all really...my old stuff was REALLY bad and fell to pieces as i removed it...

Only problem i had was in the corner...did some cut-till-it-fit work...it did ok but has a slight leak when shot directly with a garden hose...like a dribble. However I'll do like you said dave and get some fancy black auto silicone and seal it up tight! I can't wait to take it on the highway and see how much wind noise is reduced!!

Also i did not reuse the factory metal clip...it really didnt need it...looks far neater without it anyway

Window closed:

This is with the window closed tight...it may look like its popping out however it is not...it sort of clamps down around the window when shut tight...

Attached Files
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

That doesn't look bad at all Phil! Great job! Once We find a suitable body to door weather stripping I will make up a sticky thread with examples from everyone about all the weatherstripping for the cars. Again great job looks great.
                            ~David~

Comment

davemang what sealer/adhesive/whatever exactly are you using when you're putting this weather stripping and whatnot on? to close up the ends AND fix it to the car...same stuff for both applications or..?
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I will probably just use some black silicone. Nothing special besides the color.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X