• Show
Clear All

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

sweet guys! glad we could be of help and let us know how it goes!
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

that trunk seal is also available from Rockauto.

For us Canadian and overseas people, it might be cheaper to tack it onto a rockauto order because of the shipping being combined.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I'm not seeing it offhand, is this 96" piece of window channel long enough to do two-door windows? I seem to recall Tom using a JCWhitney product on his two-door, as opposed to this Metro product, which looks like an excellent fit.

I guess I could always get out my tape measure and make some estimates ... but even knowing how much was trimmed when doing the front doors on a four-door would be potentially useful.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yeah it is enough. Off hand I believe the length for a tudor w/vent is 84" or so and w/o vent would be very similar.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I just installed this myself yesterday. Worked beautifully. Little trick on the corners....chop little slits in the back side of the weatherstripping around 2" total length near the bend or corner...making sure not to chop away at the actual face of the weatherstripping. This allows the material to bend neatly into a corner or bend without having to worry about siliconing edges back together.

Attached is a picture to show what I am talking about
              Attached Files
              ~David~

Comment

that was at my 120?? degree angle bend...with the 90 degree area did this work as well?
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Yes sir... worked great there. In fact I only cut slits for the 90 bend.

I installed NOS weatherstripping and this aftermarket piece yesterday. They both are very close looking in fit and finish. The NOS stuff was just perfect though. Nice and firm getting into the window channels...not as rubbery as the aftermarket stuff but still really good to use since NOS is no more. Was a bit of a pain getting this aftermarket piece lined up correctly in the window channel but it is definitely worth it.

Some question that arose were about it fitting in the vent window channel...It fit well, just about identical to the fit of the NOS weatherstripping in the vent channel. Just does not sit fully in the channel so you see about a 16th of an inch sticking out. Looks factory new though. No complaints from me as of yet.

In one way I am happier with the aftermarket piece because the NOS was was so thick with my vent shade and clips that the window has a tough time getting fully closed. It will wear in but that was one annoyance. The aftermarket piece allows the window to be closed fully with no assistance.

I definitely recommend it to anyone...and you need muscle to work with it as it is not easy.
                  ~David~

Comment

hmmm i hope my silicone holds up...but sounds like a solid technic for future buyers to use
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Your silicone will be fine.
                      ~David~

Comment

wish I'd known the slit trick. I cut mine at the face and it has a slight air leak at the corner that I have yet to seal up. Maybe the vent window runs on a Lincoln are different, but I just could not get that stuff jammed in there. I had to get a different style so it fit proper.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes. Thanks for making that clear as I dont believe it has been mentioned in this thread as of yet. But for crown vics and grand marqs...getting away with one solid piece is possible.
                          ~David~

Comment

well, time to blow the dust off this mother. the channel rubbers on my lincoln have come to the point, where they are falling apart chunk by chunk. to you guys(dave and phil), how has your rubbers held up? i think im going to order 3 96'' lengths to do both my doors.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

if you guys can find the rubber channel end blocks (little pointy shiny parts - yeah... me and technical terms)... my driver door needs one. the rubber itself is fine for the most part though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                                well, time to blow the dust off this mother. the channel rubbers on my lincoln have come to the point, where they are falling apart chunk by chunk. to you guys(dave and phil), how has your rubbers held up? i think im going to order 3 96'' lengths to do both my doors.
                                Mine are superb. I highly recommend talking to Thain first though as I remember him saying they didnt fit magnificently in his "Lincoln" channels. Otherwise mine are like stock ones. I couldnt complain one bit.

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                                if you guys can find the rubber channel end blocks (little pointy shiny parts - yeah... me and technical terms)... my driver door needs one. the rubber itself is fine for the most part though.
                                I do not know what you are referring to.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X