Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh..yeah

Comment

*When coil packs GO...They just GO right...They dont lolly gag around to die...They work or they don't ...Is that true ?
      No, coil packs do wear out - and can cause spark break up (especially at higher rpms)

*What about a crank position sensor...Please tell me about that.
      CKP sensor is the primary ignition system sensor, it provides the speed and position of the crank for proper ignition firing order/sequence.

If it was faulty you would often experience hard or no start conditions, and if it is completely failing even stalling of the vehicle regardless of RPM of pedal position

It normally won't cause hesitation issues, though it's possible

If the car has over 75k miles, it's probably due for plugs and wires anyway. That's where I would start.

If you have a fuel pressure gauge, observe pressure while idling and when you first accelerate. If it drops substantially then builds - suspect a weak fuel pump

The IAC wouldn't cause this, as the throttle plate is open. Isn't much you can 'test ' on it, anyway.

TPS could have a dead spot that can cause similar condition, but this would only happen at a certain throttle angle/position. If the bog is noticed at any throttle position it wouldn't be the cause, you can test it though, just need a multimeter
      http://www.blueovalchips.com/index.p...n=throttle_pos

Output is linear, look for dead spots

i recently had a massive oil leak solved by replacing the intake manifold gaskets. when i took the intake manifold off, you could see the swirl pattern of oil going down into the cylinders.
      i thought coolant in the oil was the blown head gasket.
      Huh? There is no oil at the intake or gaskets, only air/fuel. If you have oil going INTO the intake ports you should check your PCV valve.

Intake gasket failure can cause massive vacuum leaks, coolant leaks, and coolant consumption (Which can make it's way into the oil by going around the rings)
      -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
      My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
      Modifications
      Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Conclusion.

Plugs,wires,Fuel Filter,Seafoam in PCV and an oil change.

He was late getting home because he kept driving and driving

What are the effects of plugs gapped to narrow ? His all came out dealer loose. I think they actually used a TQ wrench.. Nice... But they were all gapped to .040-.045 ? WTF ?

Comment

Its just fine. If the coil packs are original they might be a little weak so it could work in your favor giving less area for the spark to travel.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Well he roared outta here like a rocket. RPM's climbed quickly .

But I do understand what your saying.

Comment

Working...
            X