Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police pod install on ATC equipped vehicle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police pod install on ATC equipped vehicle.

here is a couple of pictures of the progress thus far. dont make fun of my pink screw gun

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

private photo album mang. Please make sure you don't have any wang pics mixed in when you make it public, we don't need to see that shit.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

oops sry..I fixed it.... and by pink screw gun i did not mean my wang lol
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-21-2009, 10:58 PM.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Good progress so far....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
        Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Kewl!
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I hope the whole is big enough
            ~David~

Comment

thats comimg along nicely cant wait to see the finished product
              sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
              87 mercury grand marquis
              88 crown vic lx
              89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
              89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
              00 ford crown vic lx hpp
              03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

I told you you could move it, now see if the system still funtions properly.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  I told you you could move it, now see if the system still funtions properly.
                  so far with no trim reinstalled everything works just fine. Too much rain today to do anything. I wanted to run all of the gauge wiring today, but i dont exactly fit that well in the car with door closed trying to wire stuff under the dash. Just not gonna happen.
                  ~David~

Comment

Yesterday was a complete washout...so all i got done after my day was this....Muhahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

I may cut the rest tonight. I have ugly calluses now because i used a razor blade to cut the material thus far on the trim panel.

And today after school and homework was complete I removed the dual gauge pod a pillar i have and routed a headlight triggered power wire, and good ground and the amp gauge wires to the massive gaping whole on the passengers side dash. Some time during this week (i hope) i will route the air/fuel gauge wires and purchase a vacuum gauge.

Take a look at my collection now.

A double gauge pod pillar, a single gauge pod pillar and a naked pillar that will go on the car next. It has come to my attention that i like to change thins around often.
                    ~David~

Comment

nice pics mang!!

I didn't realize that thing had such direct control of the blend door!! I had always thought it was just a sensor, not a vacuum control as well.
                      I guess the other end of that cable is attached to the temperature lever on the HVAC control?
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                        nice pics mang!!

I didn't realize that thing had such direct control of the blend door!! I had always thought it was just a sensor, not a vacuum control as well.
                        I guess the other end of that cable is attached to the temperature lever on the HVAC control?
                        Yes that damn freakin frackin cable is indeed attached to the temperature lever on the HVAC control. Feakin ATC equipped vehicles. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Oh and thanks, hopefull this will allow future panther owners to embark on the task of equipping a ATC equipped vehicle with police gauges. Or i just wasted my time lol. I enjoy it.
                        ~David~

Comment

wheres that black air tubing go?? I assumed it sniffed out the hole in the dash...?
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Ya mean this?

It goes through the firewall, to god now where? and the other end iss stuffed onto that damn sensor that i dislike so much
                            ~David~

Comment

ah... maybe that's an outside air sampler it uses as well...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X