car falls on it's face at full throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomO View Post
    isn't there some sort of sensor in the car that shuts off the fuel pump as the result of an impact? I believe it's some sort of sensor that detects deceleration (or acceleration). I wonder if that could be faulty and causing a partial shut off of the fuel pump due to the centrifugal acceleration when turning one way?

it's magnetic, if it trips it will not go back. Doen't really do partial
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'm praying to god that it's not the strainer being out of place. But it definately seems fuel related.

And I'm definately not tearing my new pump out of my car.
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Just pull it out. I had to change my fuel pump five times in the space of three months a couple years back. You get real good at it.

Comment

Its not all that hard. Besides, if you pull it out you'll know exactly how it went in so you can verify it was done right. The big trick is to make sure the fuel level is low enough that it won't spill everywhere. Less fuel also makes the tank a hell of a lot lighter and easier to manage.

I still think I'd be finding some way to monitor the fuel pressure when the motor acts up to determine if that is in fact the problem.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

good excuse to install a permanent fuel pressure gauge.

Comment

with the look of the rust he had on the rest of the car, a new fuel tank is probably a good idea

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
              X