No announcement yet.

My vic is too slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What computer is it running? I think the police computer uses different shift points than the civillian model. What rear end?

Comment

His is the police model, so it'll have the police ECM, and almost certainly 3.27:1 gears.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
        put the cash into a cheap pushrod-powered toy.
        ... like torquelover's notion to get an Aero body and drop in a same-year Windsor motor. Which reminds me, I need to try tomorrow to get pics of that $100 '97 down the street ....
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mangjura View Post
          So then under drive pullys would help?

yes, about 8-10 hp at the tires, yeah our cars are heavy. i'd recomend looking for a used set of steeda pullies on mustang sites.
          sigpic
          Wrecked - Non-pi 1998 Mustang GT Best ET = 13.36@ 101
          Just bought: 01 grand marq - 5th 4.6L and counting.

Comment

you are spoiled......the 4.6 cars in stock form run like a ho converted box

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by ogre View Post
              yes, about 8-10 hp at the tires...
              Is that with or without a bunch of Summit Racing and Jeg's stickers on your ride? I'm a gonna get some GReddy and HKS stickers on mine.

Comment

Sry my bad, i am sorry, in my previous 4.6L life i was dealing with manual cars that rev to 6000 rpm stock. The higher you spin the more hp pullies save, and from what i cans see the breathing capabilities need to be greatly improved to make usable power up there. thanks
                sigpic

Comment

Well I do need to do a lot more work on the breathing. But She does have cold air intake & an H pipe with FULL dual all the way back.

So insted of truing to make this 4.6 faster I would be a lot better off getting rid of her & saving up for a different power plant?

I do not have the chip YET I want to get it & see the difference. But as she sits right now she does have the full police package (I don't know what's all in that)Except for the chip
                  sigpic

Comment

Theres no such thing as a police chip...

keep the 4.6, or swap in a 5.4.

Anything you can buy for a 302/351 you can probably buy for a 4.6 except pushrods. Trickflow makes heads, edelbrock/trickflow and others make intake manifolds, i know trickflow and comp both make cams for it as well. And used mustang superchargers are everywhere. With all the parts available you can build enough power to blow your bottom end to pieces. Id just keep the 4.6 in there to keep it simple.

Comment

Oh ok sweet sounds good mang
                      sigpic

Comment

If you're going to swap the motor out, then maybe think about putting in a high output 4.6 like the ones in the Lincoln MkIIV's and the Marauders. It will be the same size motor with significantly more power.

In my opinion, though, whatever you do will be pretty much a waste of money because -- let's face it -- we're talking about a 4,000 lb. car here that has a 200 h.p. engine. Even the Marauders aren't really that fast in the overall scheme of things, and they are the ultimate in panther platform performance. If you want off the line acceleration, then put a low ratio rear end in the car. But if you have a P.I. then you already supposedly have either a 3.27 or 3.55.

Whatever you do to the stock engine isn't going to get you a whole lot more power. If you put in a more powerful engine it's going to cost you an arm and a leg and you still won't have an extremely fast machine because it's still going to weigh 4,000 lbs.

If you want a fast and/or quick car, then look for one with a low power to weight ratio.

The reason I like the panthers is because they are comfortable with decent performance -- if I wanted a fast car I would have gone for a Mustang or some other type of sports or performance car.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                          you are spoiled......the 4.6 cars in stock form run like a ho converted box
                          X2...Cruising in my box is great but when I want more performance, I drive my Aero
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by TomO View Post
                            If you're going to swap the motor out, then maybe think about putting in a high output 4.6 like the ones in the Lincoln MkIIV's and the Marauders. It will be the same size motor with significantly more power.

In my opinion, though, whatever you do will be pretty much a waste of money because -- let's face it -- we're talking about a 4,000 lb. car here that has a 200 h.p. engine. Even the Marauders aren't really that fast in the overall scheme of things, and they are the ultimate in panther platform performance. If you want off the line acceleration, then put a low ratio rear end in the car. But if you have a P.I. then you already supposedly have either a 3.27 or 3.55.

Whatever you do to the stock engine isn't going to get you a whole lot more power. If you put in a more powerful engine it's going to cost you an arm and a leg and you still won't have an extremely fast machine because it's still going to weigh 4,000 lbs.

If you want a fast and/or quick car, then look for one with a low power to weight ratio.

The reason I like the panthers is because they are comfortable with decent performance -- if I wanted a fast car I would have gone for a Mustang or some other type of sports or performance car.

OOPS! I meant MkVIII's, but you all probably knew that.

Comment

Single turbo kit for $2600.

http://ziptie007.phpwebhosting.com/c...roducts_id=262

Theres a few guys on cvn running turboed 4.6's as well.

Comment

you want bang for the buck?

NX wet kit, 100hp shot will suprise alot of people just get a window (rpm) switch and a WOT switch and your Good To Go. I hjave many friends that go through a bottle every weekend in 4.6L and LS powered cars

so would a 100 shot give about 14.0? over or under ?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X