1981 F-150 Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 F-150 Custom

Yep, bought another truck. I couldn't say no to it tho...

'81 F150 2wd. 300 with a c6. I was just gonna use it as a slider, but I think I love it. It runs great, more get up an go than my 302... I been drivin it every day since I got it this week. How much you ask? 200 bucks.

U gotta deal wit some nite shots for now. I didn't get any snapped today. Was busy pullin parts an shit.

I got a instrument cluster with a tach today, a tube grille and some other shit.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Not bad at all for $200!! Where do you keep all these trucks??
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

i see that dependable straight 6 sweating... i wish i could find me a truck with the straight 6 300 in it... last time i werked on one like that, it had a 3 on the tree and i fixed brake lines and changed water pump. the truck looked like swiss cheese with all the rust, but it ran good.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

almost forgot it came with a couple brand new tires and a pair of 31s that are in good shape, on some ol rusty waggin wheels. Oh and it has new plugs an wires an that stuff and a fresh oil change!

I jus gotta figure out why my steering doesn't return and why the brake pedal is low. Gonna find out soon what it needs for inspection. I already know it needs a cat, and probably a smog pump. That can come off after tho....
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Nice mang, welcome to the I6 club!
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Nice truck! Great price!!!

Cool aircleaner, too
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Not bad Jermey for a Beater Truck 300 6 is a motor....
              2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
              85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
              07 JCL 250 A Scooter
              79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Damn it runs soo good without the smog crap. If I put it in 1st gear an hit the gas it'll spin that pass rear wheel all day lol. It's been pretty amazing on gas mileage too.
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

good deal for 200 bucks i know i wouldnt be able to resist either lol. that 300 6 will last forever, and thats one of my favorite ford truck body styles. cool truck!

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
                    Damn it runs soo good without the smog crap. If I put it in 1st gear an hit the gas it'll spin that pass rear wheel all day lol. It's been pretty amazing on gas mileage too.
                    Jermey u sure can`t beat them 300`s w/more tourge then the 302`s.....
                    2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                    85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                    07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                    79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

brake pedal might be low cause the rear brakes are out of adjustment, theres a slow leak, air in the lines, bad wheel cylinders, or a worn out master cylinder......either way all dirt cheap parts

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

rear brakes ain't even workin, least one side ain't. needs wheel cyls. an adjusting. Front soft lines are pretty hard, so I'm gonna do them too.

she didn't wanna start this mornin, got friggin cold. i didn't wanna go no where either lol.
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Nice truck mang!!!! Been working on my father's I6 Chevy for a week now and they're fun to work on. When are ya gonna slap the 35s on there?

Packman

Comment

Fucking awesome! I've got an '85 with a 300ci and (originally) a 4spd, though I changed it to a 5spd. God damn truck has 370,000 miles on it and it's still running like a bear. Not a panel on the truck matched in color so I just spraybombed the entire thing flat black including the wheels, bull bar (that I added) and all the brightwork.

With that 300ci the entire truck will rust out from underneath you and all you'll be left with is a stout frame and a unstoppable motor.

How'd you manage to spin the tire? I'd assume my truck could probably do it once the rear tires stopped slapping the inside of the bed, but I've never pushed it that far lest I break something.

Comment

'95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Working...
                              X