Door Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
    i have 6 1/2 inch round speakers in all the doors of the cars here. some of the cars didnt have the door speakers, so all i had to do was cut the carpet and cardboard backing. the hole in the door was fine. here is a picture of how i mounted mine and i didnt have to mod the door any besides cutting carpet...
    My god... I did that same exact thing with my car with those same exact speakers. That's so odd that you would get those too... I guess we are bargain hunters :-P

Comment

Are the rear deck speakers hard to changer? im gonna change them today and do the drivers side door. leaving the dash ones for when i replace it.
      2018 F150 XLT 43k
      1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
      1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

No. Just go into the trunk and release the rubber band thing holding them.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Dash Speakers

Did the rear decks and the doors. I have this set of alpines that are 4 inch. What size are the dash speakers?
          Attached Files
          2018 F150 XLT 43k
          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Doors are both working now. Dash wont play anything but they are good because i tested them before i installed them. im looking for a missing connection now.
            2018 F150 XLT 43k
            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Hell, I didn't even know we had dash speakers. I can't see or hear 'em!
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroc283 View Post
                Did the rear decks and the doors. I have this set of alpines that are 4 inch. What size are the dash speakers?
                Funny, that looks like the exact same speakers that came with my '81 LTD. Haven't tried hooking them to anything yet.

How would a person normally go about driving both dash and door speakers from a "normal" headunit? (yeah, you can tell I'm a real car-audio tech-head!)
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I tied the dash in with the doors. i dont think it drained much from it.
                  2018 F150 XLT 43k
                  1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

So just tied the dash and door speakers together and ran both to the front outputs on the stereo? I guess the total impedance shouldn't go up too much with them wired in parallel .... of course, I'm sort of afraid to do that since early experiments with a 4 Ohm boombox with removable speakers led to lots of buzzing, sqeals, and other weirdness in the old car speakers I tried to add in parallel.
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

i have dash and door speakers wired to the front channels of a 4 channel amp......works great.......not sure about just off the head unit, i usually run amps

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                        Hell, I didn't even know we had dash speakers. I can't see or hear 'em!
                        90-up cars don't have them. They got rid of them after they changed the dashboard layout in 1990.
                        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                          i have dash and door speakers wired to the front channels of a 4 channel amp......works great.......not sure about just off the head unit, i usually run amps
                          I had the same set up, first off the head unit and then off a 4 channel amp. Works fine either way.
                          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Running two speakers together off one channel cuts the ohm load in half, most amps can handle this but its a good way to fry a head unit (unless its specifically designed to handle a 2ohm load) if you crank it too loud.

It doesn't matter what kind of alternator you have, its not going to change how many speakers your head unit can safely power.
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

That is good to know. I used two different headunits by running two speakers together and everything was fine. I am now safe with the amp.
                              ~David~

Comment

If you don't max out the head unit with the 'super bass' on it probably wont hurt anything... it would just make it 'clip' (sound bad) sooner on the dial if you crank it.
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X