windshields interchangeable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windshields interchangeable

Recently I called a couple of glass companies to price a new windshield, they don't list them for either my 87 CP or the Squires. Does anybody know for sure if the 4dr windshields are te same? I have 22 years worth of highway pitting. Thanks
    sigpic
    Current Rides
    67 Cougar XR7
    97 Mountaineer 5.0
    03 Ranger XLT

I think the wagon has a higher roof and taller windshield. Not 100% on that though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      I think the wagon has a higher roof and taller windshield. Not 100% on that though.
      That's what I thought, they said, Oh yea bring it down, will put the sedan glass in it. I wouldn't let them experiment on mine
      sigpic
      Current Rides
      67 Cougar XR7
      97 Mountaineer 5.0
      03 Ranger XLT

Comment

The wagon roof is taller, but it's done with sheet metal.
        I'm 99.9% sure that the windshield is the same.
        Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
        AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
        Open/Lock/Ratio #
        -----------------------
        G / H / 2.26
        B / C / 2.47
        8 / M / 2.73
        7 / - / 3.07
        Y / Z / 3.08
        4 / D / 3.42
        F / R / 3.45
        5 / E / 3.27
        6 / W / 3.73
        2 / K / 3.55
        A / - / 3.63
        J / - / 3.85

Comment

if the windshield is taller wouldnt the doors be taller too becahes of the higher A-pillars?
          1989 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

i say its exactly the same. no sense in Ford making a trillion different windscreens for the same types of cars.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              i say its exactly the same. no sense in Ford making a trillion different windscreens for the same types of cars.
              My thoughts exactly.

The question is easily solved. Measure the windshield in a wagon, and one in a sedan. I'll bet you $5 that they are the same.
              Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
              AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
              Open/Lock/Ratio #
              -----------------------
              G / H / 2.26
              B / C / 2.47
              8 / M / 2.73
              7 / - / 3.07
              Y / Z / 3.08
              4 / D / 3.42
              F / R / 3.45
              5 / E / 3.27
              6 / W / 3.73
              2 / K / 3.55
              A / - / 3.63
              J / - / 3.85

Comment

Originally posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
                My thoughts exactly.

The question is easily solved. Measure the windshield in a wagon, and one in a sedan. I'll bet you $5 that they are the same.
                I don't have the luxury of owning one of each, does anyone have one of each they can measure?

I remember years ago the junkyards always asked if the glass I was looking for was for a 2 or 4 dr, or wagon. Saying they were different.

I also bet they're the same, just want to be sure before hand, thanks
                sigpic
                Current Rides
                67 Cougar XR7
                97 Mountaineer 5.0
                03 Ranger XLT

Comment

Originally posted by 87LongroofCP View Post
                  Recently I called a couple of glass companies to price a new windshield, they don't list them for either my 87 CP or the Squires. Does anybody know for sure if the 4dr windshields are te same? I have 22 years worth of highway pitting. Thanks
                  Always let the internet do the work for you. Go to this website...

fill in the blanks, and it'll give you a price and list the places closest to you for installation. In your case, $200.95 and the installer is in Greenville. Took me all of 3 minutes. And yes, it is a windshield for a wagon.
                  there are several other companies out there also, google the word "windshield" and watch the enlightenment.
                  I had no problems finding a wagon windshield here in St. Louis. The ones you were calling must have been real hayseeds.
                  1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                  1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                  1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post
                    Always let the internet do the work for you. Go to this website...

fill in the blanks, and it'll give you a price and list the places closest to you for installation. In your case, $200.95 and the installer is in Greenville. Took me all of 3 minutes. And yes, it is a windshield for a wagon.
                    there are several other companies out there also, google the word "windshield" and watch the enlightenment.
                    I had no problems finding a wagon windshield here in St. Louis. The ones you were calling must have been real hayseeds.
                    Thanks mang, Yea, it's not easy to find any competent buisiness people here. I can only speak from my experiances in the south.

I moved here from MA 13yrs ago, a lot of them are still fighting the civil war. BUT, I hate the snow, and rusty cars even more! Thanks again
                    sigpic
                    Current Rides
                    67 Cougar XR7
                    97 Mountaineer 5.0
                    03 Ranger XLT

Comment

Working...
                    X