Plug Fouled out after washing engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug Fouled out after washing engine?

Ya like the title says. Is this fucking possible? I washed my engine (Starting detailing for a show on sat.) and I let it air dry then I fire her up and it starts missing like a mother fucker. So I drive it a bit to see if it stops if the cop got wet. No so I went and sucked a can of seafoam through the pcv system. Smokes like usual after seafoam then it runs fine. So I drive it, it is fine again. As I'm driving it, it starts to miss again. So I parked it at my house went to work. I get back a midnight and then I pull my plugs. All seem fine except 2 have white on them. So in the morning I'm going to get new plugs again. I have currently Bosch Plat 2s and were in for like 4 months and almost 4k miles on them. I have heard lots of bad things about bosch now I believe them. Tomorrow I'm going to get NGKs for it. Is this just a freak thing of is there a link between washing the engine and fouling a plug. Also I forgot if anyone knows what do you torque the plugs to on a 2000 4.6?

Thanks
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

I'll also mention that I only use Motorcraft plugs. Just changed them when I did the maniflod swap.
    -Michael

Comment

Working...
    X