No announcement yet.

Armo's 79 LTD 2dr build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey thanks man. im a sucker for dual exhaust and like you said, it woke up my car too! some rumble cant hurt either
    Lets Go Pens!

Comment

Awesome. Vinyl tops suck!!! Also kinda strange is the bump strips on the rear 1/4s...
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Wow, an LTD-S tudor. That is truly a rare piece right there, and looks to be extremely clean. I've seen quite a few nice looking 79-82 LTD-S Sedans driving around here in the south, but only ever One LTD-S Tudor, and it was pretty beat.

Looks like your Vinyl Top came off easier than mine did.

Good luck with your project!

Comment

yes, another memeber to the 2-door slick-top club

and ur lucky, looks like your top didnt have insulation under the vynil, took me like 2 hours to get everything off

very nice car, but arent the 79's supposed to have little vents on the front fenders and behind the rear windows ???

good luck on teh rest mang

---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

It's not an LTD Landau, so it don't have the vents.

Comment

Anyone else notice that there is no unfinished body seam there on the rear 1/4 where the top goes?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Not originally a vinyl top?
                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Anyone else notice that there is no unfinished body seam there on the rear 1/4 where the top goes?

Actualy there is some unfinished seams near the top half, or there was but I finished the body work, including some dent repairs and its getting painted in its original P76 color right now.
                  "Being a champion opens lots of doors—I'd like to get a real estate license, maybe sell insurance."-Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
                    Not originally a vinyl top?
                    no, its original vinyl top car, just that these years tend to come off a little bit easier than the later models.
                    "Being a champion opens lots of doors—I'd like to get a real estate license, maybe sell insurance."-Mike Tyson

Comment

Yes, you GOTTA keep that original color!!! I love mint green!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                        Yes, you GOTTA keep that original color!!! I love mint green!
                        X2

Comment

i noticed a more finished quarter panel also.......must have been because the top is not padded or not as much as the later model vinyl tops.....on toms vic, there was no filler at all in the 1/4 panel seam at all, just a strip of foam in the seam.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

nice 79,where have I seen that color before?
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Ltds Forever
                            My Wife Or My Car......Ill Keep The Car

Comment

Love the green, Looks like there's not much rust on the roof. You are keeping it green I hope?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                                Love the green, Looks like there's not much rust on the roof. You are keeping it green I hope?
                                Originally posted by Armo View Post
                                Actualy there is some unfinished seams near the top half, or there was but I finished the body work, including some dent repairs and its getting painted in its original P76 color right now.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X