surging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surging?

I guess that's what you'd call it. My Bronco (302), it'll run faster than it should every one in awhile. I haven't noticed it when it's sittin there idling, but when driving it does. I've let it cruise by itself and it'll go 30 without touchin the gas...it's a lil slow gettin there, but it will. I jus did plugs and wires and cap, rotor and coil. I replaced the IAC valve thinkin' that was my problem. I let it sit over night with the battery unhooked (neg cable, does it matter which one?). It still does it. I'm not gettin' a check engine light now tho.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Do you have a CB radio in this rig?

Comment

throttle position sensor, perhaps? Can't hurt to check for codes before you start throwing parts at it.
      Originally posted by gadget73
      There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
      91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
      93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
      Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
      Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
      95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I vote for vacuum leak. It makes for a high idle and wierd surging. Check the soup can, they rot out.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yea the soup can probably has a hole in it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

No CB yet. I didn't check for code cause I had no light on. Now I do every once in awhile, the check engine light. I went to AZ to see if they could check but the kid didn't even know there was anything but OBDII, he was tryin to find eecIV on the computer like it was a part

I broke 2 plastic vac lines when I did my tuneup but I fixed those and it was fine....for awhile. I hate this shit...fix one thing then it's another...
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

id check out the coffee can over the pass side wheelwell. if that has a rust hole in it id say thats it, its a pretty common problem.

Comment

have you noticed what year this is mang.....shit wears out

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

it sure cheaper than buying a new car.

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
                    No CB yet. I didn't check for code cause I had no light on. Now I do every once in awhile, the check engine light. I went to AZ to see if they could check but the kid didn't even know there was anything but OBDII, he was tryin to find eecIV on the computer like it was a part

I broke 2 plastic vac lines when I did my tuneup but I fixed those and it was fine....for awhile. I hate this shit...fix one thing then it's another...
                    The stupid thing about EECIV is that it will set codes but not turn the check engine light on except for a second to let you know that a code has been set. If the light is on constantly, that's when something is really wrong (i.e. sensor unhooked)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                    91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                    93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                    Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                    Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                    95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Is the a/c on? Some of these have weird controls that enable and disable the a/c clutch depending on engine speed.
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS
                      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Yea I know shit wears out. Just venting cause it all happens together. No I didn't have the a/c on when it was doin that. and the can seems fine, altho it was really hot after I ran it awhile.

Now It hasn't done the surging in a couple days. I routed the wires a lil different, maybe that helped. But now I'll be doin front wheel bearings tomorrow. Pass side almost seized up on me last night.

'95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Working...
                        X