Neums' 1986 Chicago PD project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's a nice collection.

Who had the red inserts? I'm missing one.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

there is a crown vic at the J/Y with mint ones. i can try to grab them for you john. the car is an 89 vic, how do they come off?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

'88 through '91 had a different shield emblem on the B-pillers than '83 through '87. On vinyl roof cars, there are two pegs holding them into small holes in the vinyl and a little bit of glue. On slick tops, they are just held on with double stick tape. Either way, you can just pull the emblem off the car with your fingers. For some reason, the red inserts seem to always be missing on the earlier emblems. I used epoxy to hold them in and then sprayed the whole emblem with some gloss clear.

Comment

OK, I can cross lights and decals off the list...now that the car is 25 years old and wearing antique auto plates, I replaced the magnetic red letters with permanent red reflective decals. I will still need to cover the word "POLICE" when I'm driving to and from events. Lightbar and siren are fully functional now. Red rear facing lights on the lightbar are wired into the break lights and turn signal. Bumpers should be ready next week.

Last edited by neums; 04-28-2011, 08:49 AM.

Comment

My bumpers are back from the platers so I spent Sunday installing them. The car is all back together now and ready for the show/parade season. There are still some mechanical things to fix and the wheels still need to be painted, but I'm just glad to see it all in one piece again.

Also, I had my Lincoln Mercury dealer look up the part number for the A.O.D. badges. Green Sales in Ohio has a big stash of NOS so I ordered a pair:

Comment

Looking great.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've got some serious bumper envy. The car looks great.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Running red lights through the South side of Chicago yesterday. We were on our way to a police/firemen event. My car is in front of the red fire chief car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ze4_...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P3z3...eature=related
                  Last edited by neums; 05-23-2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Funky. I assume the vehicle in front was a current CPD car? (otherwise .... :p)
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yes, the lead car was a 2008 Crown Vic driven by a traffic division sergeant.

Comment

Would that have been the same SGT that I know? I would have thought he had his Dodge out for that.

Looking forward to seeing your LTD in Chitown this year.
                        1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

No, Greg was Tail end Charlie. He was shooting the videos.

Comment

Car looks gorgeous man Love the red light running too people were probly freakin out Haha

Comment

That looks like alot of fun, probably confusing alot of people lol
                              2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                              2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                              1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

The car parked in the District 1 parking lot next to an in-service Crown Vic. The beat tags on both car's lightbars are #3230.

Comment

Working...
                                X