No announcement yet.

Neums' 1986 Chicago PD project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing pic, and a nice P43 you have there!
    Last edited by torquelover; 04-30-2009, 01:10 PM.

Comment

My vin number says P43.

Comment

P72 or P43, it is still very nice

Comment

Was it not till '87 that P72 was the police/fleet car?
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Very cool pic...its a shame they dont patrol in those things anymore..LOL

Comment

Car made its first show last weekend. Still collecting parts for restoration. Looked good with the MARS lights though.

Comment

Can we get a closer look at the side moldings you have one? It seem that you have some chrome and body color on the moldings. I like it.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'll save them for you. They are coming off when I paint the car. They will be replaced with the regular white rubber kind.

Comment

The car is friggin cherry. I like the bumpers, very clean. Are you putting together a stock 351W or are you putting an HO 5.0L? My uncle still swears by the CVPIs with the HO motors.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
                      I'll save them for you. They are coming off when I paint the car. They will be replaced with the regular white rubber kind.
                      Aww thanks, but i dont have a nice four door to put them on.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Not a bad look with the lightbar and nothing else!

Very nifty about the chrome bumper strips ... in my opinion, they're loads and loads better than the regular rubber ones, plus I have no idea where to find them new these days. So far, all I've been able to learn about them is that they've turned up on a few '80s police models, yours being the third specific example I'm aware of. Any info you can add?
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

No, they were on the car when I bought it. Chicago PD had the rubber kind, so these will be coming off.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            The car is friggin cherry. I like the bumpers, very clean. Are you putting together a stock 351W or are you putting an HO 5.0L? My uncle still swears by the CVPIs with the HO motors.

Packman
                            I will be keeping the 351W stock. That is what Chicago used. It runs great now and only has 134,000 miles on it (thats like just broken in for a police motor). Crown Vic police cars were never available with HO 302's, they all used the regular 302 motor. Only police Mustangs and baby LTD's got the HO motors.

Comment

That is a real purty car!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, I won't have the newest CPD car restoration in our area. My buddy who is a Chicago officer just bought this:

A 1990 police package Caprice from the same North Carolina dealer who sold me my car. It will be just like his first car with the department (he is younger than me).

Sitting in his garage next to his 1969 Plymouth Fury.

Comment

Working...
                                X