Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! A 350 in the Chevy, I hope?

What's that Plymouth have in it?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Yup 350 for sure...My brother had a 90 caprice ex Illinois state police car....That car hauled ass...

Comment

I'm going to have to meet up with you guys next time I'm in Chicago and see all these neat cop cars, if I can get away. Have to find out where my wife's uncle's new house is ... his old one was very close to 104th and Kedzie, but I don't know the surrournding area very well.

Comment

THAT'S A BEAUTIFUL CAR!

Ever find the blue steering wheel?

T.A. Malpass 83 LTD Crown Victoria P43

Comment

Yes, I did find a wheel in a wrecking yard a few weeks ago. Also found door panels, but the two rear ones aren't very nice. Still looking for some better ones and some nice dark blue vinyl headrests. I'll be switching the red cloth bench front seat to blue vinyl 50/50 split bench (which is what Chicago PD used). Found those in the wrecking yard also for $35, will have to be recovered, but otherwise in good condition. I'm collecting new chrome & stainless pieces and weatherstripping right now. When I have everything I need, the car will be painted white, probably around September. These southern cars may be rust free, but all the rubber weatherstripping is toasted and just crumbles in my hand.
            Last edited by neums; 06-18-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I just noticed, it looks like the seats are all velour around the edges instead of vinyl.

Got any plans for the old red interior parts?

Comment

I won't need any of the red parts including the seats. It also has a red dash cover which I won't need, I found a nice intact dashpad in the wrecking yard which I will dye blue. I'll just sell all the red stuff off. The seats are cloth around the edges which I also thought was strange. Seats are in great condition with no rips or punctures at all, a bit pink from the sun though. Nice quartz analog clock too which seems to keep good time (switching out for the clock delete plate, so won't need that either)

Comment

I'm gonna need a blue dash pad down the line, myself. Or might just get a dash cover. All depends on which way I got, restoration or mild custom.

I'll be watching to see what parts you put up and once my penance is up with the missus, I might be allowed to actually buy something, again.

T.A. Malpass 83 LTD Crown Victoria P43

Comment

May i ask where are you finding "new" weatherstripping?

I am in search of window channel weatherstripping, but my search for dew wipes has come to a close with these: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...D:100000225817

I installed it the other day, and i could not be more happy. You cut it down to the size you want and either rivet or nut and bolt it onto the existing metal trim and it is really really nice over the cracked dew wipes i had previously. I will be preforming a write up once my second order of dew wipes arrive.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Whoa!!!!!!! That Fury is schweet!!!!!

Packman

Comment

I found some nice dew wipes off of some 90-91 cars in a wrecking yard. They last a lot longer in our part of the country. Trunk seals are still available new. Window channel rubber I will probably just get some good used ones also. The door seal rubber on my car seems to be OK.

Comment

Ahh. Thats good.

Much easier having a four door, thats for sure.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A picture taken at the Chicagoland Emergency Vehicle Show last weekend:

(actually the hotel parking lot before the show)

This was at the show.

Comment

Nice, nice, nice!

What's the paint color code on that car?

Comment

did you met up with tom there?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                                X