No announcement yet.

My Free Hot Rod(Crown Vic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what happens when u get bored during the day...

going to clean it up, weld up the holes, and paint it.... There was NO RUST under the top!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

It is looking great already!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

looks great man! i like the cruise mod, i had that idea in mind when i had my 86 but i never got it done.

whats that black car in the background right above your roof.
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
        1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
        http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

I don't know for sure. But I think there where some SS badges on it.

I was suprized at how easy the top came off. The hardest part was unscrewing all those molding clips. I still have to clean up some glue before I can start doin the body work. I'm thinkin about painting the whole roof white. But I'm not sure yet. I'm going to repaint the whole car after I get the strait pannels swapped on, but that might be a winter project.
          sigpic

Comment

Spent about a half an hour scrapping glue off the roof today.. when i get home ill take the D.A. after it.. than weld up all the holes and so on.. lol and take that antena off the roof. there are a couple hail dents i'll have to take care of too..
            Last edited by hav24wheel; 07-10-2009, 02:23 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I usually don't like trailer wheels on cars but that works for it. Did you mention what springs you have? Or are they stockers.
              2009 Ford Escape Manual (Hers)
              2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lifted (His)
              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis (Was Grandpa's)
              1974 IH 100 4x4 (In Pieces)

Comment

Damn it seems that you have no seam to fill in, looks as if it was done already?!?! The seam is usually found up on the c pillar in that pic.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Forcus View Post
                  I usually don't like trailer wheels on cars but that works for it. Did you mention what springs you have? Or are they stockers.
                  The springs are stock, i heated up the front ones and let them settle down a couple inches.. i think the bump stops are about 1-2 inches from hitting the frame on the front, but it rides nice, only can feel it hit the bump stops on big bumps. i'm goiing to lower the rear too, just have to find time..

Originally posted by 87gtVIC
                  Damn it seems that you have no seam to fill in, looks as if it was done already?!?! The seam is usually found up on the c pillar in that pic.
                  its filled half assed from the factory, but ill do some sanding and filling to make it nice and smooth.
                  sigpic

Comment

Heating up the springs is a bad idea, why didn't you just cut them?
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I was short on time, and being lazy. Lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

They're stock so I guess it doesn't matter, probably due for a change anyways? This time around find the thickest springs you can, not sure if the police springs are just shorter so the load rate is increased or what, but get the stiffest you can and then cut them to size, then you won't have the springs max out as often.

Comment

I kinda want to find some stiffer springs for all 4 corners.

But as for the work on the top, I took one look at all the holes in the roof that need to be welded up, got out the sawzall, and cut one big hole in the roof. Now I have a sun roof! I'll post pics when I get to a computer. I do still have 6 holes in the roof, and some behind the doors.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey you can have my flip up roof off my Mustang, I hate it. It's such a pain, having it only vent like 4 inches or I have to remove the whole thing. I might be willing to pay for a power sunroof or moonroof (anyone know the difference on those? wikipedia is messed up for me) so the hassle would be over, plus with one of those I would have a cover so the sun wouldn't always be shining in.

Comment

Originally posted by hav24wheel View Post
                              I kinda want to find some stiffer springs for all 4 corners.
                              I have a pair of Speedway Motors' Street Stock Replacement Front Springs CLICKY LINKY that I bought new last year. They are the 925 rate and are still in their original boxes. One of our members (Blaze) has them. These springs will stiffen the ride while lowering the front end 1" to 1-1/2". I was going to install them in my '89 CV, but my plans have changed. They cost me $117 shipped. If you'd be interested in them, I'd let them go for $110 cash. They're just taking up space in my garage.

Comment

My wireless interweb is not working right so I can't post pics right now.

88vic, it sounds like the sun roof I have is the same kind u have. Just the back pops up. But its tinted dark, and I just fixed the A/C and it works great, so I'm not worried about the sun shinnin in. I have had this sun roof in two other vehicles. Hell it was in my pickup when I rolled it onto its top. Hardly a scratch on it!

I'm hopin I can get the pics posted soon.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X