My Free Hot Rod(Crown Vic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Free Hot Rod(Crown Vic)

Well i first got this car last summer for free, from my GFs aunt. It was a bone stock 83 LTD Crown Vic with a 302 and 113000 miles on it..

Than i put some dual exhaust on it, some bigger tires and wheels31x11.50R15 for the rear and 235x75R15s for the front.

I also have put a different steering wheel, moved the cruise control buttons to the dash, installed some aftermarket gauges, put some mid-length headers on, and some smaller tires. i didn't like the 31x11.50R15s due to crap fuel mileage., so i bought some 295/50R15s for the rear and 235/60R15s for the front.

sigpic

looks great mang you should meet up with montey some time he lives in Bismarck as well

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

The Cruise Control is pretty slick ...
      2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
      85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
      07 JCL 250 A Scooter
      79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

sweet
        i like the cruise button mod

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Which mid length headers did you use?
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
            sweet
            i like the cruise button mod
            Scott can u do that to mine ?
            2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
            85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
            07 JCL 250 A Scooter
            79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

I used some mid length headers off a 66-77 Bronco(Hooker #6909), and had to tweek them a bit. basically just cut the collectors off, bent the pipes out away from the trans and down from the floor, than re welded the collectors back on. Than had to make some different shift linkage....

Thanks about the comments on the cruise buttons.. that was a easy mod too. basically just pull the buttons out of the factory wheel, and splice them on to the wires coming up the steering column.

than just figure out where you want to mount them.
              sigpic

Comment

Blacked out part of the speedo, mainly because i f-ed up part of it when i was cleaning it. (does not look the best,but i'm tryin to find a 140 MPH speedo) i also painted the needles white.. fixed my shift indicator so it worked proper, than a couple days after that, the part on the colum that the cable hooked to broke.. so it points at park all the time now..
                Last edited by hav24wheel; 06-01-2009, 02:45 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Well i found a parts car, its a 86. the trans is out of it.. $200. not a bad deal It runs good but doesn't move. lol almost all the body pannels are in perfect shape.. just rust on the rear quarters.. so i'm pickin it up and swappin some body pannels that are hailed out on my car and a couple interior parts than i'll repaint my car and slick top it..

I'll pull the motor and other big parts i might need later and put them in the shed for use later down theroad on who knows what.
                  sigpic

Comment

Awesome. How are the bumpers?
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

great car mang.
                      I like how the color of the wheels contrasts with the top...very nice.
                      great job on the gauges and button too!
                      Mid-length headers? schway!
                      I got the same steering wheel in Magna...I assume that's the Grant steering wheel?
                      Summitracing.com sells the ford center cap if you ever want that instead of the smooth chrome.
                      *old pic but it works*
                      sigpic
                      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Awesome. How are the bumpers?
                        as far as i could tell the parts cars bumpers are in really good shape, the ones on my car are scuffed up a bit.

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
                        I like how the color of the wheels contrasts with the top...very nice.
                        great job on the gauges and button too!
                        Mid-length headers? schway!
                        Thanks, The top is in bad shape, it cracked. I'll be pulling it off, and going to toss the "crown" molding that is across the top. than paint the whole roof white.
                        the headers where free too.. lol just a bit of work to make them fit.

Turns out the guy i'm getting the 86 parts car from is giving me a bunch of Ford parts. the guy said "I'll give you a 460 and all the other Ford parts I have." i dont know what all he has for me, But i'm taking the 40 ft gooseneck when i go, just to make sure i can fit it all. lol
                        Last edited by hav24wheel; 06-15-2009, 12:22 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

lol That is a nice guy. Maybe you get some good stuff.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I got my carb swap done. The thread with details is called "Simple carb swap". My next motor mods will be a cam and lifters.
                            sigpic

Comment

Being i took alot of crap off the motor when i did the carb swap, i pulled off the air pump off last night and tossed it in the trash.. than i measured for a new belt to run the A/C pump.. installed it and charged up the A/C with some R134A. Its blows some nice and cold air.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X