My Free Hot Rod(Crown Vic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monterey1962

I'll think about those springs. I have some other things I have to take care of first.
    sigpic

Comment

Cool. I cant wait to see the sunroof!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well as of right now here is what i have done. Welded up a bunch of holes< and ground them smooth.. and got the sun roof in..

in this pic its easier to see that roof seam

i have a bunch of cleaning to do inside the car, the head liner was shot and all that glue has to come off the roof before i put a new one in.
        sigpic

Comment

I Like it a lot! I always wanted a sunroof, even if it was just a window to look through.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

How da hell did I not post in this thread???? That's an f'n nice CV!!! I was reading throught the posts and was like damn, cool he went slicktop, yeah Montey's springs would really be nice in that car, and WTF.........sunroof!?!?!?!?! Nice work! Can't wait to see what it looks like with fresh paint.

Packman

Comment

Thanks 87gtVIC and Packman.
              Here is what I decided to do to keep the bondo to a min.

sigpic

Comment

Isn't it liberating working on a car that has no value (and more importantly no payment)? No need to worry about screwing something up. I like your work. Looks like you invested the money in tools instead of fancy wheels, etc. Which to me is the way to go.
                2009 Ford Escape Manual (Hers)
                2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lifted (His)
                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis (Was Grandpa's)
                1974 IH 100 4x4 (In Pieces)

Comment

O I love working/tinkering on my vehicles. Easy to see when u look at them lol. I can't see spending a lot of $ on wheels and stuff like that. I would have to wash the car more often. And I hate washing vehicles lol. I have most of the tools I need at home already, but I always like finding a "excuse" to buy new ones. Can't have too many tools. In fact this is the first body work I have done in about 4-5 years, so I get to go pickup some new sanding blocks and stuff. Hoping to be sprayin primmer and paint by sat.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah you're right, look exactly like the flip up roof in my Mustang, did you get a Mustang flip up? Mine has a little black handle that flips down so you can pop it up.
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I think its a universal sun roof. I bought a 92 Topaz that it was in. Totaled out the car when someone made a right turn from the left lane. I plowed right into the front bumper of there car at 40 mph. Totaled them both, but the insurance company let me keep the car. So I put the sun roof in my 78 ford pickup. Than when I was goofing off I rolled that and totaled that too. Lol. But it has two little handles on the back of it to latch it open/closed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I got all the metal work done. I welded a piece in on the "B" pillar too. Next step is bondo. I'll post pics later. I can't get it to work from my Blackberry.
                        sigpic

Comment

The passenger side "c" pillar

The metal i added to both "B" pillars

I'm thinking about painting everything above the tape line white.. so including the trunk lid. but I'm not sure yet. what do you guys think?

I picked up the bondo today....
                          sigpic

Comment

If you were to just paint the back white i wouldn't bother. I think it would look sweet two toned white and red but the entire car must be done that way to look correct. Just the ass end including the roof painted white would look off to me.
                            ~David~

Comment

Ya I think I would do the hood and part of the front fenders too. I guess I forgot to mention that in the last post. I'm just not sure how it would look. I guess I could always put the white on, and if I don't like it, it will get changed back when I put on the non-hailed out pannels.
                              sigpic

Comment

This is the only thing i got done last night. I had to do some stuff in the house, so i only had about 1/2 an hour to work on it..

Here is where the white would stop.. Right at the top of the bodyline..

I hope to get a bunch done tonight, but i dont think i'll be sprayin any paint tell late sat. or sometime sunday.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X