X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good I wish I could find one like that, I love old 2 door boxes... Mmm
    LPP71 from CVN

Comment

Just learned something.......I assumed that both seats in a Grand Marquis coupe were power..........but here is an 87 with manual pass seat.......guess my '86 was considered a fully loaded model in '86?
      Originally posted by LeviMM View Post
      A few more pics...

Comment

Power passenger seat was always an option. These cars could be equipped all kinds of ways. I've seen manual window, no cruise cars with power seats. Heck even a base model stripper with ATC. In those days you could order it how you wanted it.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Yea, back when you had alot of options and could build your own car. Now, you only have a handful of options for new cars. That also goes for interior/exterior colours.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

ooo... another red velvet cake car (white on red). My 93 has the same coloring, but the "velour" seats.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That is a beautiful Mercury ! That must have been special ordered for the owner. Even has vent windows, non power passenger seat with the recline feature. My 83 has the same seats. Mine though need replacement. Hopefully some kind people here will keep their eyes open for replacement seats for me.

Comment

Here we are 11 years later and I'm on the road to restoration. I thought I'd revive this thread to capture the progress. It's recently been repainted. More photos coming soon.

P.S. Shout out to Kodachrome Wolf for the wheels!

Last edited by LeviMM; 01-05-2023, 12:04 AM.
                @Ryan.Madison68

Comment

Wow
                  That car looks great, nice job!
                  You should be proud

Comment

Slicktop looks good.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yes Very Nice.

Wheels compliment it well.

What quarter window trim are you planning on using?
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Like those wheels on there. Not sure I’ve seen that style mounted on a box before.

Looking good!
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Yes Very Nice.

Wheels compliment it well.

What quarter window trim are you planning on using?
                          Thanks, guys. Sadly I've misplaced my quarter window trim. I did the repaint in two phases over several years. One was removing the top and the second was the repaint years later. So I'm going to have to figure something out with that. Up next is to solve my transmission woes and leaking freeze plug near the lower manifold on the driver side. Do you guys think any damage has been done by the leaking freeze plug? Strangely enough, it leaks intermittently.
                          @Ryan.Madison68

Comment

Oh my god that's beyond amazing. From inside to outside you've got it made with this one mang. Aero wheels add that dash of modern to the early box. Have some '90-'97 digital dash clusters if you'd like to add some more dashes of modern to your '87, if you can forgive the pun.
                            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by LeviMM View Post
                              I did the repaint in two phases over several years. One was removing the top
                              Did you need to remove the headliner to get the vinyl roof off?
                              1987 Grand Marquis LS two door, trying to get to the 60,000 mile mark.

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
                                Did you need to remove the headliner to get the vinyl roof off?
                                Yes. All of the trim is held on with nuts that can only be accessed by removing the interior panels and headliner.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post525344
                                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-19-2021, 07:13 AM.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X