No announcement yet.

my 86 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does a paint job like that set a person back?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
      what does a paint job like that set a person back?
      1200 if you want it done right, but you could get this same job for 800 or a single color for 300.

Comment

Always loved that paint combo

T.A. Malpass 83 LTD Crown Victoria P43

Comment

Damn man, didn't realize you were so close...

I'm right up the road in Westminster and commute to Baltimore almost daily for work!

And that's an absolutely beautiful car!

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
            Damn man, didn't realize you were so close...

I'm right up the road in Westminster and commute to Baltimore almost daily for work!

And that's an absolutely beautiful car!

thanks, I'm in Hamilton/Parkville area, which is northeast Baltimore.

Comment

Just found you're Craigslist ad. You're probably gonna be sitting on your car for an asking price that high.

Might as well enjoy it while you have it.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Just found you're Craigslist ad. You're probably gonna be sitting on your car for an asking price that high.

Might as well enjoy it while you have it.
                lmao, i know dude, didnt want to sell it, its only worth about 3000. But i actually got an offer at 7000. Thing is, i dont want to sell my car, i just wanted to see if i could sell it to some wanna-be gangster for a crazy BS price. Cause believe me bro, I dont want to sell my baby, but people in B-more are ignorant!! But if i could get almost 3 times the value on it, id do it.
                Plus Craigs list is free, so whats the harm. I'm also putting my African lizard on there for 100, but its only worth 50, but I'll give it to one of you guys fir 50 with the big ass cage i built, not sure about the size but its big. I'll measure it if anyone is really interested.
                Last edited by insomniac391; 10-24-2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

I work in Baltimore, I know the kind of idiots that can be found...

Glad to hear that you ain't sellin' it. I've been thinking about trying to arrange a meet up my way since we've got at least four people in MD now. Wouldn't want to lose one.

sigpic

Comment

I work in Baltimore, I know the kind of idiots that can be found...

Glad to hear that you ain't sellin' it. I've been thinking about trying to arrange a meet up my way since we've got at least four people in MD now. Wouldn't want to lose one.
                    lol, yea i was drunk as shit wen i said that, but i really did just want to see if anyone was willing to pay that much, and i did end up getting a 7000 offer.

Comment

lol, didnt realize my last few posts were me saying i want going to sell the car. Anyway dont know if i mentioned this but i actually did end up selling the car to my friend Jinno who ive known for 12 years. I have to much going on and the Vic wasnt getting the attention it needed, and Jinno has loved the car as much as me since i got it. He works at an auto parts store and his old car was falling part (the Geo I've mentioned) so i figured since he needed a car and i had 3 that i could sell him the vic, he is more than capable of continuing what ive started. I'll probably still drive it up to Scottsfest next year and you guys will probably still see me driving it around.

Comment

Is your friend going to join grandmarqnet? It would be kinda cool to see what becomes of your car.

Packman

Comment

no i'll keep it updated, ill probably end up helping with the most of the work anyway, and like i said ill still be driving it around, and we'll probably end up trading cars and shit like that here and there

Comment

Bummer that you sold it. I'd rather drive a sedan, myself, and you have the Crapiece...
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              Bummer that you sold it. I'd rather drive a sedan, myself, and you have the Crapiece...
                              i cant drive the caprice everyday, its fuckin crazy, the 3200 stall would fry the trans in a month if i used the car everyday, plus I'm not trying to rack up miles on that wonderful engine. Also I beat a 2010 Camaro tonight, you should have seen the look on his face.

Comment

Dunno what a 3200 stall is, but that sounds like a bummer. You driving that big buick around or what?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X