my 86 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
    Dunno what a 3200 stall is, but that sounds like a bummer. You driving that big buick around or what?
    sold the buick, made 500 off of it for about 20 hours of work, -50 on supllies. I drive the Aspen around on the weekdays and Caprice on the weekends. Right now I'm thinkin about buying another Cougar cause i really liked the last one, I want a 95 XR7 though, didnt like the looks of the 96 that much, plus the 95 had more options.

and a 3200 stall motor is like having a clutch on an automatic, the engine wont engage until 3200rpms to reduce rev time, trans gets really hot though.

Comment

Also I beat a 2010 Camaro tonight, you should have seen the look on his face.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
        sold the buick, made 500 off of it for about 20 hours of work, -50 on supllies. I drive the Aspen around on the weekdays and Caprice on the weekends. Right now I'm thinkin about buying another Cougar cause i really liked the last one, I want a 95 XR7 though, didnt like the looks of the 96 that much, plus the 95 had more options.

and a 3200 stall motor is like having a clutch on an automatic, the engine wont engage until 3200rpms to reduce rev time, trans gets really hot though.
        ah, better for take offs? I'm guessing it's to put you in the power band before you start moving?
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
          ah, better for take offs? I'm guessing it's to put you in the power band before you start moving?
          better acceleration at any point, its like the car is just waiting for you to push down a little more on gas.

Comment

haha, I was lookin through this for memory sake, and a bunch of people thought I should paint my car up like a Bill Blass mkv or vi, and now i own one, funny. Also think I might buy this car back from my friend instead of getting a truck, idk. I can never figure out what I want to do.

Comment

Buy it Back!!!!!!!!!!
              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Yeah get her back.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just stumbled upon this. If you still have the problem with the chrome. Use steel wool with Wax, the liquid kind, just keep the wool covered in wax and it can do wonders.

Comment

Working...
                  X