No announcement yet.

my 86 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i plan on either putting a super charger in or dropping in a 429 if possible. Im only going to keep this car as an everyday driver for a few more years until i can buy a second descent car, not that i cant now im just savin the money, but once i do im tearin this down and turning it into an import eating beast (no ofence to anyone who owns an import but i hate rice rockets).

Comment

i hate rice rockets as well lol.

i wouldnt recommend a 429 unless your really up for fabbing up totally different engine mounts and trans stuff, especially when you can find yourself a 351 and build it up any way you want to get well over 400hp if you wanted and it will bolt right in with minimal mods. i wouldnt recommend supercharging the stock 302 thats in there, due to the piston material, but a supercharged 302 ho mustang motor wouldnt be a bad idea although i dont think anyone here has done it yet. i was going to build a mild 351 for my car, but then found out the frame was trashed. anyhow good luck with your car, i like what youve got planned for it

Comment

is it hard to find a fuel injected 351, cause i dont like carburetors, i also want to put in a 5 speed police interceptor trans

Comment

not particularly hard to find one, any 88-96 ford truck (which are easily found in any junkyard) could be had with an efi 351, they werent very impressive power wise from the factory but with a few mods can be made to perform pretty well and not cost much

Comment

There's no such thing as a 5 speed police interceptor trans, mang.

Nice car!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

let me rephrase that, the 5 speed used by the police interceptors, unless i miss read somewhere.

Comment

If you're referring to a 5 speed manual, Police never used them.

However, it can be done. I am going with a BBF/Tremec TKO whenever I find a panther to put it in
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                  let me rephrase that, the 5 speed used by the police interceptors, unless i miss read somewhere.
                  no cops ever used 5 speed cars, nor did the crown vic ever come with one from the factory. there are people on here and other places that have swapped 5 speeds into their cars however, it is doable if thats what you want. pesty351 did a 351/5 speed swap into his tudor, theres probably some threads in here about the swap if you dig around

Comment

thanks, i must have misread, and yea i do want a 5 speed eventually idc where it came from i just thought police interceptors used to have them

Comment

I like the first pic for your paint schemes the best.

Packman

Comment

Photo-shop pics 1 and 4 get my approval!
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Do the shaved head and bad half-beard help in picking up chicks? If so, maybe the lack thereof was my difficulty a few years back ....
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I'd go for 1 or 2 of those pics, unless you're looking to get serious under the hood.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

any nudes of those interior chicks?

1999 P74 HPP 3.27 RAR

Comment

Originally posted by tackleberry View Post
                                any nudes of those interior chicks?

+ A Gagillion!!!! the blondie please. :heyhey:
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X