No announcement yet.

my 86 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, thank you guys. I actually never saw that paint scheme on a lincoln before, i got the inspiration from have24wheel, but it just hit me when i was at the shop earlier today goin over what i wanted to have done, i looked at the different colors and it just smacked me in the face. If stuff goes the way i want I'll slick top it tomorrow or this weekend, and hopefully get it painted some time next week.

and does anyone know where i can grab a black grill
    Last edited by insomniac391; 08-26-2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

naw..keep all of your chrome the way it is!
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
        naw..keep all of your chrome the way it is!
        idk, i dont like the chrome grille with the black paint, just doesnt blend right

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
          well then your gonna be pissed. lol. im thinkin about doin the jams myself to save 50 bucks.

really thought, i need some opinions. I dont want to get this done and come back on here all happy and have everyone go "damn why would you do that".

Actually i am all for someone doing things themselves.

and does anyone know where i can grab a black grill
          You have to paint it!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i was told i can only paint the plastic parts of my grille, not the vertical chrome strips on the front, which would look ridiculous.

unless..... i can remove the chrome strips?
            Last edited by insomniac391; 08-27-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

i was told i can only paint the plastic parts of my grille, not the vertical chrome strips on the front, which would look ridiculous.

unless..... i can remove the chrome strips?
              who told you that you can only paint the plastic parts? Scuff everything up prime and paint and you are good to go. see here:http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showpost...&postcount=188

Many people done it. Dont know who is telling you these things.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i asked the people who are gonna paint my car if they could do the grille and they said they could only paint the plastic parts

Comment

I am sorry but they are idiots. The entire freaking grille is plastic for gods sake!
                  ~David~

Comment

lol, ill make sure i tell them that. Tomorrow im slick toppin my car and fillin in some dents, gettin ready for the big day.

Comment

lol, ill make sure i tell them that. .
                      Please do.
                      ~David~

Comment

It would look awesome. Esp if the top was a silver.
                        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-...=p4506.c0.m245
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

thats a pretty ride

Comment

so i had a problem that kinda got in the way of my prep work this weekend. Somehow, my passenger side brake pad shattered, causing my caliper to grab my rotor in order to stop the car. Rotor was done (i just put on all new rotors last month mind you), but thank god the caliper was ok, because i dont have the experience to mess with break fluid. Anyway heres some pics

the damage, nice groove isnt it?

shiney

just about every part of my car is stained with my blood.

AND we begin, filled in some dents

Also fixed a few cracks in the fiber glass

hopefully tomorrow after class i can finish up some of the dents on the sides. Then Wednesday i plan to get the last dents on the trunk and slick top it, hope its not to bad under there.

Thursday is paint day (if all goes as planned).

Comment

just remember it is all in the prep work. MANY hours should be spent prepping the car.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X