No announcement yet.

my 86 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks great. I love the pinstriping, it really adds that feel of being "finished"

How did you get the rear window trim off? I've looked and not gotten farther than head scratching.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

that is nice !!!

That color combo is better than i expected, looks awsome in a two-tone.

And i would suggest the PI rear window trim on yours, its chrome.

Oh, and welcome to the Tudor Slick-Top Club.
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
        That looks great. I love the pinstriping, it really adds that feel of being "finished"

How did you get the rear window trim off? I've looked and not gotten farther than head scratching.
        You use a tool that looks like a flat piece of metal with a curved hook. Slide it under the trim and once it get caught on something just pry it a bit and the trim will pop up in that given spot.

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
        that is nice !!!

That color combo is better than i expected, looks awsome in a two-tone.

And i would suggest the PI rear window trim on yours, its chrome.

Oh, and welcome to the Tudor Slick-Top Club.

That trim I was suggesting is what he is calling the chrome trim.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That looks f'n awesome!!!!! What are you gonna do with the interior? Though, IMO, black and/or silver looks good with a red interior. Very nice.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            That looks f'n awesome!!!!! What are you gonna do with the interior? Though, IMO, black and/or silver looks good with a red interior. Very nice.

Packman
            I might do the interior next summer. Either that or I'm going to put in a 351 and mod the hell of it. I want to do the interior in white vinyl or leather, but to redo the entire interior will probably cost more than putting in a new engine and modding it.

Comment

Wow, that looks great! I saw your sig and had to check out this thread for myself-you didn't disappoint.

Great werk my friend. Definitely smelling a POTM nom
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                Wow, that looks great! I saw your sig and had to check out this thread for myself-you didn't disappoint.

Great werk my friend. Definitely smelling a POTM nom
                lol, thanks

Comment

i think i have some stainless rear window trim here if your interested

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                    i think i have some stainless rear window trim here if your interested
                    how much you want for it?

Comment

WOW mang, beuatiful paint job. I was actually thinkin about doing the 2-tone with mine eventually. How much was it if you dont mind me asking? And BTW, you need to get some pics of that pretty thing in some nice open place.....

Also what brand are those rims?
                      Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 09-26-2009, 02:46 PM.
                      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                        WOW mang, beuatiful paint job. I was actually thinkin about doing the 2-tone with mine eventually. How much was it if you dont mind me asking? And BTW, you need to get some pics of that pretty thing in some nice open place.....

Also what brand are those rims?
                        It cost me $1,154, and the wheels are US Wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post

Honestly, its best to have a pro do it, cause its easy to mess something up, i got pretty lucky myself. The trim on the top of the window is held on by these metal clips, you can just use a trim removal tool to pry the trim off and these will pop up with no problem, and will pop back on.

The trim on the sides were caulked on, don't know if thats how its supposed to be or if thats somethin the guy before me did, so I just pried them off and re-caulked them when I put them back.

The bottom is held on by these plastic clips, they are supposed to pop off sideways and hug around the the nails, however most of mine were so old they just crumbled up when i took them off, just like most of the other plastic parts of my car do. I could only manage to get 4 of these off without breaking them.

Theres probably a better way to do this (the correct way), so if I were you I'd double check with Scott or something before you do it.

I'll post a pic of the finished job tomorrow or something, because right now everything is held down with painters tape while the caulk dries.
                          Last edited by insomniac391; 09-26-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Silicone is not the way the sides are held down. They are fastened the same way as the top piece is.
                            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              Silicone is not the way the sides are held down. They are fastened the same way as the top piece is.
                              thats what I figured, but the guy who owned the before me did some weird stuff to the car, But in that case the side should just pop off like the top.

Comment

lol thats the beauty of purchasing used 20+ year old cars...never know what surprises you may find.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X