Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocker panel repair

found out that my inner rocker panels were rotton away and need to replace
    the whole side on both sides what a pain this is gonna be so thats why i havent had time to finish my tailgate.theres a 6"X 72" piece that runs the whole length of the car from front fender to rear quater panel.since this is my daily driver ill have to do section by section cause of the floor is welded
    to it and most of the floor there is rusted to and as i go along i can get all the rust off the top of the frame'sides the places that are covered by the floor and use the eastwood encapsulate to seal it and have new metal floors that are rust proofed i sure do hate rust
    Attached Files

Holy crap man. That is really gone. At least you are experienced enough to deal with it. I enjoy all of your repair threads.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Shit!, dude.

That is a huge mess that you have on your plate there.

Gonna make your own patch pieces, or cut off factory sheet metal pieces from a parts car?

Good luck with it.

Comment

wow, thats ugly. Are you in upstate New York or something? Usually only cars from up north get that crusty.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gonna make my own patch pieces,im from westchester ny 45 mins north of manhattan. they go grazy with salt during the winter here.i pluged the hole where the inner rocker panel starts to be conneted to the body under the front fender the i encapsulated it and then seam sealed it. now i have to get all the rust thats on the inside rocker cleaned so i can rust proof it. i made a 7"x24' panel for the inner rocker that will run the whole length of the car like i said before this is my daily driver and i wish i could of do a 80'' panel but thats to much down time so section by section. every panel gets weld thur primer then welded up then encapsulated then painted i do not want to do this again.
          Attached Files

Comment

What are the Bulk-Heads on that thing lookin like? Have you removed the plugs and felt/looked inside of them?

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
              What are the Bulk-Heads on that thing lookin like? Have you removed the plugs and felt/looked inside of them?
              x2
              sigpic
              Current Rides
              67 Cougar XR7
              97 Mountaineer 5.0
              03 Ranger XLT

Comment

Whats a bulk head?
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

bulkheads are where the frame meets other frame that goes toward engine bay and where bodymounts are located. they arent that bad dose need some work
                  Attached Files

Comment

ah thanks.
                    ~David~

Comment

wow nice work
                      replace those nasty fuel lines while the weather is good

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The bulkheads look savable, if you take care of them soon.

Nice shot of the inside of the bulkheads, btw. I tried to get that same shot, but my camera was too large to fit through the access hole, lol.

Comment

got inner panel in today and put floor section in and encapsulated it when that dries put some paint and the dynamat. the fuel lines are all gonna get
                          switched over to dorman high press fuel lines no more metal lines.this is the best way to go cause all newer cars have them so why not change
                          Attached Files

Comment

these fuel lines come in 10' lengths
                            Attached Files

Comment

got to the front of the passenger door with the inner rocker and the big pain will be where the wheel well joins the inner rocker got to find all the spot welds and hope its easy to get to
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X