No announcement yet.

The wa-gone plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autolite 764's before and after. I must have cracked one while working on the car one of the many times. Could have been from when the suspension was done. No clue... I've never liked the platinums in the older cars. Iridiums seem OK, at least in the mazda they are OK. I still like the old school coppers in the 5.0, and I use NGK V-grooves in the mazda.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'm running Champion platinums in the CV, and they've been real good to me so far. Expensive, though. What I wanted was non-resistor plugs and that's what they gave me. The nomenclature is entirely different than the regular Champion stuff, so I have no idea whether they're actually non-resistor plugs or not.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I hate champion. Too many issues when I was a mechanic. One of my friends ran all kinds of different plugs in his car, swore they made a difference. The only real benefit is service life.

Comment

Well, all I know is that mine have performed flawlessly thus far. We'll see what happens after they get more significant mileage/age on them.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I had lots of issues with them breaking while removing and them breaking easily. In the 10 years they prbably have gotten better.

Well, I put the 24's back in yesterday....Holy crap that car moves...

Comment

Did you have to change the MAP sensor in order to run the 24's?
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Nope, not technically running a MAP right now...It's a BAP now. Runnign the maf again. Damn thing hates the cold with the 24's keeps stalling at idle...Runs like a raped ape though. I need to get an adjustable FPR and either drop the FP with the 24's or crank it way up with the 19's.

Comment

Working...
                X