No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am. there's a 95 vic airbox in there but i haven't got a picture of it yet. washer fluid bottle from same.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

hooray...water pump is here...and it's gonna rain for the next 2 days
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

use the pump to pump the water off your head

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

have my car in the shop @ work. it's nice to have a full garage to use, takes a lot less time. gonna do axle seals and rear brakes soon i think. did the water pump job and pulled the upper plenum to fix a leaking hose to the EGR cooler, plumbed and temporarily mounted the transmission cooler. still gotta make a forreals bracket for it.

didn't get the car running because i didn't know where my ignition coil bracket was. found one (but i don't think my original one...i don't care) and i'll slap it on there tomorrow.

had it up on the hoist, it's still in great shape underneath. i think the old guy i bought it from had it undercoated regularly. the rear quarters are the only serious rust spots and they're not gonna be a difficult fix. there are a few spots of surface rust and the usual spot at the drivers A pillar and above the front and rear wheel wells...also not going to be hard to fix.
          Last edited by 1990LTD; 11-25-2012, 03:00 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

car runs and it's home. i'm moving this weekend and my goal was to have the car mobile so i didn't need to tow it.

once we're settled in the new place i'm going to start picking. i won't have a place to work during the winter but i have a trouble light and warm clothes.
            sigpic

Comment

hey, stuff has been happening. we moved into the new place in the beginning of december and i didn't touch the car all winter.

last week i stuck a new battery in it and it starts/runs, but it ran pretty rough. burned through all of the old gas and put some new stuff in - it is a bit better. i need to time the motor and read the plugs and figure out why it's not running properly.

needs:

- rear brakes
              - rear axle seals (gonna do bearings)
              - brake lines
              - fuel lines
              - body work

Don't know how much is going to get done based on funds this summer but I'll do what I can.
              Last edited by 1990LTD; 07-01-2013, 01:34 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Been driving it to/from work until I get my Escape next week. Once I get the Escape home, the Vic won't be needed so it's gonna get laid up for rust repair and whatever else I can get done. It needs an upper ball joint so I'm going to do all 4, and likely all control arm bushings as well. Springs if they're in the budget.

I am getting the disc brake rear end out of my 96 to freshen up (3.55s, trac-lok, new seals and bearings and all new brakes) and stick underneath the 1990. I want to box the rear control arms and install new bushings while they're out. Is there a bolt-in upgraded rear arm from a later model Panther by any chance?

Got a new set of wheels for it today.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...99577331_n.jpg

Last edited by 1990LTD; 06-14-2014, 06:42 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

OSHI- never got around to checking this build out until now. Finding a fleet model box panther in as good as shape as yours is next to impossible. You've got an excellent base for a project hot rod. I really like where it's headed. I'm especially interested in seeing how she looks with those new aero wheels. Love the name too, "The Street Boat". It's like a land yacht, but more maneuverable.

As for the rear control arms and new bushings? I don't have any part #s or manufacturers' names. I'm sure someone will chime in and fill in this gap though.
                  '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                  '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                  '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Please take some pics. It's been awhile!
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                    X