My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Took these pics when I got it home..it's a whole lot cleaner and shinier now, though.

Oil change, new oil, air, fuel filter since I bought it. Soon I will be building a center console inspired by the one 85crownHPP made.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Figure I should put up some info. It's a 1990 LTD Crown Vic, had 139k KMs on it when I got it. Minor rust (rear quarter panels) but the fact that it isn't falling apart with rust in this climate speaks volumes for the care that it was given by its previous owners. I bought it from an elderly gentleman who bought a new Chevy pickup as he is in a pretty bad physical state (back etc) and he needs something he can walk right into without bending. Ownership papers say he had it for two years and before that it belonged to another old cat who put even fewer KMs on it than he did. Think about that...fewer in the first 17 years of her life than in the most recent 2

Auto starter, interior is great, trunk is great and the spare is mint. He put 4 new tires on it, all new plugs, new brakes, a few hundred $$ more worth of work into it before he sold it to me. I got it home for a rather low amount - He gave me a stack of work orders with it detailing all of the work gone into it in the past few months and the work totaled more than I paid for it. Some power window issues but they're being sorted out this week..motors are fine but wiring isn't.

I finally ran the paint code and it's "Pastel Alabaster" - Never heard of it or seen it before. Neat.

It's also a P72, which I understood to mean that it was built as a fleet vehicle? I understood P71 = cop, P72 = fleet, P73 = civilian, but I may be wrong.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

It's tentatively being called the Pink Panther
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
        It's tentatively being called the Pink Panther
        You should find a Pink Panther sticker to put in the rear window.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

werd, find that sticker.

Very very clean looking. for some reason that color is growing on me more and more.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks! Me too. I wasn't sure at first but I definitely like it now.
            sigpic

Comment

What do you folk recommend I replace the stock tape deck with? How about speakers for the doors?
              sigpic

Comment

Also found a rubber Mustang distributor cover in the boot Just finished putting that on.

It was tucked up there behind the spare tire so I didn't see it until now.
                sigpic

Comment

Okay, my passenger front window works perfectly now. WTF?!

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...770#post446770
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                    Okay, my passenger front window works perfectly now. WTF?!

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...770#post446770
                    My '90s pass-side front window doesn't budge anymore...Before this, it would move some, mainly in colder weather. In hot weather, it would take a LONG time to go down...
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Prototyped the center console with cardboard yesterday. It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it worked for me to get some measurements correct.
                      sigpic

Comment

Pics!! I love watching stuff come together through all the steps.
                        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The proto is laughable!
                          sigpic

Comment

Imagine the one 85crownHPP made but I'm leaving space for the ashtray to clear, and the back is flat and not curved. The face is about half the height of his since I'm not putting any gauges on...going to leave the face blank and turn that into the door for a little hidden storage compartment.

I'm doing this entirely for the cupholders
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah should be cool. How will you secure it to the car?
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X