No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm up in the air on that one actually, I have a few different methods that I'll probably go through before I find the best.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

the cupholder plan fell by the wayside. using a cheap black plastic one from walmart. works fine and doesnt get in the way.

things since i got it:

- air/fuel/oil filters, oil change (duh!)
      - new pf window motor
      - sony xplod deck (the stock speakers aren't that bad honsetly.)
      - blue leds in the instrument cluster, hvac unit, courtesy lights, dome. had a problem with one of the courtesy bulbs and didn't have a replacement blue so i put red ones in for now. red leds in glove box, trunk, tag lamps.
      - sunpro super tach ii mounted on the a pillar down as low as it could go.

no idea what mods will be next?
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I also recently realized that one of the old men that owned it previously put a K&N Filtercharger Equipped sticker on I didn't pay any attention to it until recently for some reason.

Good god it's nice to have a tach and a good stereo again. I didn't realize how much I missed both of those things
        Last edited by 1990LTD; 08-14-2009, 11:41 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna try to keep this thing on the first page so I remember to take lots of pics when I clean the Pink Panther on my next day off Will also have some before/after engine brite pics.

man, these cars are fun
          sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to more pics...
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nice vic man looks clean for a candian car

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

thanks gabegt90...I think early in its life, it was garaged during the winter time, and was undercoated regularly its entire life. Day after tomorrow I'm off work so I'm going to clean the bejesus out of it, hit the engine bay with some degreaser again and get some pics...I'll get a pic of the only real bad rust on the car (rear quarter panels at the bottom).
                sigpic

Comment

not bein a smart ass or anything but i always see guys with the crown vics with speedos that go up to 200, can any of them really make it up there

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                    not bein a smart ass or anything but i always see guys with the crown vics with speedos that go up to 200, can any of them really make it up there

Not bein' a smartass or anything but if you had a look at my location you'd probably figure out that the speedo is in kilometres; not miles.
                    sigpic

Comment

Calm down guys...Its a common mistake.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Who's not calm?
                        sigpic

Comment

140 speedos are cool, but why would you need to know how fast you're going after 85 mph? At and after that point you're gonna get a major ticket anyway.

Packman

Comment

washed/vacuumed/etc the car today, took some decent pics...and i can't find the cable for my fuckin' camera. i just bought one on ebay for like a buck fifty. will post pics when it gets here.

Saw a really shitty looking '80 XR-7 while I was out for a drive today. What an ugly little car...it probably looked great when new but the shape it was in was just...ugh. Saw like 3 other box CVs while I was out, all pretty clean. I love seeing other ones still on the road.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              Not bein' a smartass or anything but if you had a look at my location you'd probably figure out that the speedo is in kilometres; not miles.
                              lmao, o shit my bad. I never see kms in big numbers.
                              but really though i have seen people with spedos that go up to 140 or 190mph on vics and stuff, anyone know of one that can make it up there

Comment

the 140 I'd believe.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X