Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
    thanks

they're tiny gauges so it sits perfectly under the wiper-swept area, not in the way at all. thanks for hooking me up with them
    No problem, I snagged em because they were cool, and figured someone would enjoy them.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

man my cameraphone sucks
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thats alright, looks good, I think the lettering in the name plate would look good white though if you are even using it. Thats what I did to mine and it really pops out at you. Either way it adds a nice touch to it.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I don't really know how I'm gonna get the lettering white on this without looking like shit. We'll see, haha
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              I don't really know how I'm gonna get the lettering white on this without looking like shit.
              .......and it'll be upside down........
              Former panther owner
              1981 CV 351 4bbl
              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

By far the least of my worries
                sigpic

Comment

Spray the whole thing white, as it is the inlay color, then soak a large sponge in black paint and press the plate onto that, only the high spots will be covered with black. If you dont want the stripes white tape them off before you spray the white. That is what I did only the other way as my white letters are raised.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/attachme...9&d=1263428902

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._1321473_n.jpg
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

weather stripping is fun....fixed the leak in the rear pass. floor pan at the drain plug, put new weather stripping in, and it sealed just fine the way i wanted it to...but then water was coming in OVER the weather stripping in one spot, not under. cut a corner piece out of the parts cars weather stripping, trimmed to fit and stuck it on there. double wide weather stripping

before I stuck the extra piece of stripping on, it seemed like that door (r.pass) wasn't sealing as tight on that side as it was on the drivers side, but just in that one spot in the top right angle corner. Water was leaking down that way slowly. The extra piece of weather stripping just needs to be filled in slightly at the end where the new piece ends. I tried to get it at the right angle to seal but it's tricky.

Any idea why it might not have been sealing that tight in just one spot? Could the striker be misaligned or something? Bent hinges? I have no idea haha
                    sigpic

Comment

I've had to adjust the strikers on my 88 box. bugger big star drive just like the back seat. I did that instead of getting new weather seals. my weather seals are pretty smashed... and getting further smashed now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

How do you adjust it?
                        sigpic

Comment

unscrew the striker using that big star driver and just move it 1-2mm closer to the weather stripping and then tighten it back up. Just make sure it remains at the same height.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I did the Daniel Stern marker light mod yesterday (did one side yesterday but it ended up being too dark to do the second). Looked funny when I had one wired normally and one modified...like the car was winking when the 4 ways were on
                            sigpic

Comment

today, we saw:

- "mini" gear reduction starter motor
                              - new fender mount solenoid
                              - new battery cables and ring end terminals

starts in like half the time. i really need to get some videos of the stuff..dan stern blinkers, better sounding/quicker cranking starter, and exhaust.
                              sigpic

Comment

Nothing like the feeling of accomplishment.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X