No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too. I have no idea how it's going to go together. I just need to figure out how to bond the light strips to the metal...probably just silicone..
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

some light strips got here today...wah wah wahhhh
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
        Me too. I have no idea how it's going to go together. I just need to figure out how to bond the light strips to the metal...probably just silicone..
        Small metal/ copper straps if they are going to be out of sight. That way you can replace them. Silicone would work well if you don't want to remove them ever, but would leave a seamless look.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Hell, with the way some of the openings in the trunk line up I might be able to just use zip ties will work. I should have this done tomorrow, I just need to figre out what is going where
          sigpic

Comment

new:

- 1975 ford ltd hood ornament
            - goodyear gatorback belt
            - 2.5" turndowns mostly hidden under my bumper, pointing slightly outward. cabin noise = down
            - ordered tune-up parts with brass, already have motorcraft plugs. are their plugs recommended?
            - ordered kyb gr-2 shocks for a police interceptor, wheel bearings and associated goodies for my car
            - brakes brakes brakes
            sigpic

Comment

Are you still planning to mount the TC alloys?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                are their plugs recommended?
                I think the motorcraft plugs are good for stock replacement... Never had problems with them. I am insane and dropped the $8.00 a piece for NGK Iridium plugs... Let me tell you I love the tune up shit I got, and was surprised I noticed a little difference in pull.. but a major difference in how smooth the car runs/idles.

Make sure you gap those plugs (most shouldn't need it, but if they are normal tipped plugs you should check it in case somebody at the plant dropped it). If you got a special coating like iridium/platinum dont put them in a gapper as it will chip the coating.
                "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  Are you still planning to mount the TC alloys?
                  whenever they decide to get clean yeah i am, they're a work in progress since i don't spend much time on them in one sitting. i am quite lazy sometimes

i'm actually through a few of them. no paint, gotta finish the rest first
                  sigpic

Comment

also, I ran into a guy with a 1991 version of my car with nicer trim - I think it was probably a regular p73 or whatever they were because it had all of the chrome panels on the bottom etc that my car doesnt, and the "driveway lights". i've never seen any of these cars in this color before, and now i've found 3

nice old guy, i think he was impressed that i knew it was a 91 because of the clear signal lenses - he didn't even know that. he gave me the name of a guy that has a couple panthers sitting doing nothing that i might be able to score some parts from if i can get in touch with him.
                    sigpic

Comment

I got some nice big boxes in the mail with RockAuto tape all over them. Goodies include:

- inner/outer wheel bearings
                      - wheel bearing dust caps - anyone need some? either i read the listing wrong or it's listed wrong because i thought i was ordering a pack of 5, but i ended up with 5 packs of 5. i need two
                      - wheel bearing seals
                      - brake pads
                      - KYB GR2 shocks for 1997 police interceptor
                      - blue streak (i think that's the name on them) cap/rotor with brass bits instead of aluminum

PSA - if you think there's a problem with your engine at all, it's probably misfiring. i didn't think it was missing but it was (again) - problem solved with a new cap/rotor. i'm picking up a longer extension today so i can access the spark plugs easier, and probably replacing them after work this afternoon.

my 5.0 HO upper intake/tb should be getting installed soon, as well as my new radiator and shocks. i love that my mechanic doesn't mind me working on one part of the car while he works on another gonna do pcv valve/screen/grommet, thermostat and probably clean the IAC while this is going on.

car runs great..no more hiccups or "stumbling" when i'm trying to accelerate at low revs. more pickup (it will actually spin the tire off of the line now, it hasnt for months)
                      sigpic

Comment

If you dont already have one... pick up a swivel head adapter for your ratchet.... it will save you some headaches.
                        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                          If you dont already have one... pick up a swivel head adapter for your ratchet.... it will save you some headaches.
                          thanks for the tip, i'll pick one up!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                            I think the motorcraft plugs are good for stock replacement... Never had problems with them. I am insane and dropped the $8.00 a piece for NGK Iridium plugs... Let me tell you I love the tune up shit I got, and was surprised I noticed a little difference in pull.. but a major difference in how smooth the car runs/idles.

Make sure you gap those plugs (most shouldn't need it, but if they are normal tipped plugs you should check it in case somebody at the plant dropped it). If you got a special coating like iridium/platinum dont put them in a gapper as it will chip the coating.
                            So true. I picked up a set of e3 diamondfire plugs and some performance wires, forget the name off the top of my head ($120 for the set) and the difference is way way more then i could have imagined. It runs so smooth too
                            79 Grand Marquis

Comment

plugs = in

a/c compressor = out
                              sigpic

Comment

why the fuck not?!

i have the H.O upper intake/TB from a 93 GT already, and BBK mustang shorties. i'm gonna buy injectors and a lincoln ECU from 85crownhpp and then try to find E7 heads and a camshaft and then tear the bastard apart.

i've been studying and tinkering that i think i might actually be able to do it with the help of the archived threads etc on here.

worst case scenario = i have to call my mechanic
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X