No announcement yet.

My '90 LTD Crown Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you could do to be slick is paint the entire cover and go over the lettering with a sanding block and some fine sandpaper lightly to expose the lettering as black if you want the contrast.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you're full of good ideas dave. thanks.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Nothing but oil goes in the crankcase. That's my rule and it hasn't let me down yet.
        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by 4door View Post
          nice! Your ride & cape breton
          x2
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

never had to buy brake rotors before, I didn't realize how heavy they were. No wonder shipping is fucking retarded.

new rotors today and there's a package for me at the post office...so it's either my front end stuff or weather stripping.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Rotors was one of the first things I have done on my car back in 06. I too was surprised at how heavy they were.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

conspicuously absent is the second set of sway bar links. i ordered enough of everything else except those - just one for some reason. i hope i can find a place locally that sells moog because i really don't think it'd be smart to put two different types of links on each side.
                sigpic

Comment

moog has an excellant slogan, just makes me want to buy their parts lol.
                  1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                  1994 MGM GS Montigua
                  2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                  2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Congrats!

Moog makes me think of synthesizer music

Pete
                    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                      Congrats!

Moog makes me think of synthesizer music

Pete
                      Me too I'd kill for an old Taurus II
                      sigpic

Comment

for the sake of experiment I let my oil go a week without checking it; exactly where it was after I did the VC gaskets and topped it off. having a properly running machine is nice!
                        sigpic

Comment

I did the sway bar links and bushings, they help a LOT with roll at all speeds.

With a new TPS, ACT, ECT the improvement in engine operation is crazy. fixed my cold start weirdness - o2 sensors are next;

this week will see

- 4 tie rods/sleeves, pitman/idler, alignment
                          - rotors/pads/bleed brakes
                          - flush the p/s fluid with fresh type f
                          - new radiator/thermostat/flush cooling system - how much coolant will i need if i flush the whole thing with water? i've read that there will be enough straight water in the block to put straight coolant in the rad and let it run to mix them up
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                            I did the sway bar links and bushings, they help a LOT with roll at all speeds.

With a new TPS, ACT, ECT the improvement in engine operation is crazy. fixed my cold start weirdness - o2 sensors are next;

this week will see

- 4 tie rods/sleeves, pitman/idler, alignment
                            - rotors/pads/bleed brakes
                            - flush the p/s fluid with fresh type f
                            - new radiator/thermostat/flush cooling system - how much coolant will i need if i flush the whole thing with water? i've read that there will be enough straight water in the block to put straight coolant in the rad and let it run to mix them up
                            i did my end links this past summer, i need to get to those bushings..
                            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                            1994 MGM GS Montigua
                            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

do it! 2 bolts per side, the only hard part is putting a clean slit in the new bushing if there are none pre cut.
                              sigpic

Comment

Get the Energy Poly sway bushings FTW!

Pete
                                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X