"Ultimate Edition"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ultimate Edition"

I cant start threads in the right place so I guess Im on "probation" or something. My question is whats with the "Ultimate Edition" badge on my car? Mercury has used them for a couple of years now, its not in their web page ect.... Anybody know the story? Thanks.
    sigpicVORTEX
    2009 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    2004 Mercury Marauder
    2005 Dodge Ram Hemi Quadcab
    2007 Harley-Davidson FLHT

On the older cars it was a package above a regular LS. It went away for awhile, then resurfaced on the LS Fleet 09's We were discussing this on CVN also and no one really knows why those badges got stuck on the cars. It no longer really means anything. It's almost like they had leftover badges and thats where they went. If I find anything more out about it, ill let ya know.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I figured it meant nothing but I guess Ill leave them on, theyre not hurting anything.
      sigpicVORTEX
      2004 Mercury Marauder

Comment

You should now be able to post elsewhere. THeres an issue with the email confirmation that I've not been able to resolve.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No idea on the new stuff, older cars it meant digital dash, rear air suspension, and I think some other stuff that I can't remember offhand.

Comment

Console-mounted shifter, like the Marauder?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Well, all of the Canadian Grand Marquis, here in Canada have the "Ultimate Edition" badge affixed to them.
              When I asked Ford of Canada why it is on they told me it was to signify it is a fully loaded car.

Hope this helps.

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A - Black on Black, Original Owner 70xxx miles. 1 of 470 Canadian Marauder built!
              Mods: Martyo Fender badges, JLT CAI, SS Inserts
              Click on the Marauder for more pictures and stats!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                Well, all of the Canadian Grand Marquis, here in Canada have the "Ultimate Edition" badge affixed to them.
                When I asked Ford of Canada why it is on they told me it was to signify it is a fully loaded car.

Hope this helps.
                I guess Ford had the badges and decided to use them regardless because my LS is an LS "Fleet" (as opposed to an LS "Retail") which is basically a GS with a leather interior and DRL's. No passenger seat adjustments, no foglights, no auto emergency brake release ect, slightly different dash idiot lights...
                sigpicVORTEX
                2004 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Is there any reason why you went with a used 2009 over a new 2008?

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A - Black on Black, Original Owner 70xxx miles. 1 of 470 Canadian Marauder built!
                  Mods: Martyo Fender badges, JLT CAI, SS Inserts
                  Click on the Marauder for more pictures and stats!

Comment

Most of the 08's had about 20k miles, my 09 only had 9k miles and was still pretty much a new car. I think car-wise, there isnt any difference between an 08 and 09.
                    sigpicVORTEX
                    2004 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                      Console-mounted shifter, like the Marauder?
                      The old ones, no. The LSEs got floor shift and the center console, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X