No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would seem that they are either stupid or illiterate all things considered. It does look really clean in the pictures though.

Comment

Definitely a '90. VIN model year designator L = 1990 (in this case, obviously not 2020 LOL). Interesting, it was built a month after the '89 kishy posted in his junkyard thread recently.
      Saw the electrical tape that was pointed out. That air cleaner is, uh, unique.
      It is an LX, but I haven't looked at the pictures close enough yet to see what options it has and doesn't.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yeah, what's the "red condom" doing attached to the air cleaner. Making sure the intake doesn't get pregnant?
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
          I thought this was interesting. A “94” crown vic lol.

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...oria/101522869
          Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
          On the "8" picture, why is there a piece of electrical tape? Hiding a Check Engine Light? Or something else?
          Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
          That's where the CEL should be, so I'd certainly say yes.
          Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
          Yeah, what's the "red condom" doing attached to the air cleaner. Making sure the intake doesn't get pregnant?
          Covering the CEL with tape is an old-skool trick/hack/whatever you wanna call it. The problem with EEC-IV, of course, is that the light will flicker and flash at you when trouble conditions come and go, rather than just come on solid. It's easier to tell someone to ignore something when it's a solid light, as opposed to one that keeps coming on every time you tip into the throttle because of an EGR code...which very well might be what's up with it. I forget which codes can set the light.

Other possibilities would be the seatbelt light (I forget if it stays solid or eventually turns off on these, I never don't wear my seatbelt), or the airbag light, but I don't remember where either of those are in relation to the CEL. The airbag light is especially irritating because it flashes the code number out to you repeatedly, forever, until the condition is fixed. The really fun part is the failsafe for when the light burns out and it starts beeping the code number out to you, again forever until you fix it or otherwise silence it.

Current driver: Ranger
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

The '01 P71 cluster I put in The Ice Car had one of the lights on solid in its previous life. The bulb apparently got hot enough to melt the face housing to the back housing. I couldn't figure out what the trick to getting that cluster apart was. Once pulled hard enough to get it apart I found the melted together spot around and that bulb.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

New nos 1979 - 1988 ford ltd crown victoria front stabilizer sway bar w bushings

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15412721011...cAAOSwytxfgrSy

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

From what I can determine in the master parts catalog, that is one of the smaller ones at 0.94 inch.

That catalog also seems to indicate that 1986 Town Cars from 11/85 to the end of the model year got the same fat hollow front bar as wagons. I kind of doubt that.
                Last edited by Tiggie; 07-07-2022, 09:52 PM.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                  From what I can determine in the master parts catalog, that is one of the smaller ones at 0.94 inch.

That catalog also seems to indicate that 1986 Town Cars from 11/85 to the end of the model year got the same fat hollow front bar as wagons. I kind of doubt that.
                  Had a guy with an '86 Town Car on the CVN Discord check his front bar; he came up with the 15/16" front bar.

My Cars:
                  -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                  -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                  -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                  -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

NOS Ford 1988 - 1990 Crown Victoria Grille, Park Light, and Headlight Trim Kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26577548109...4AAOSwBQtizBAt

Neato. Missing one corner.

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

wow
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Nice that someone put that together and is selling it as a group.

I bought my 90 wagon for that money in 2016.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I think they should spring the cash for the missing corner and still offer it for the same money. I too think the current price is on the high side of things.
                          ~David~

Comment

Obviously, the rarity of the parts (if they are so) dictate the price. Maybe someone will buy the set as is if there are enough parts to suffice?
                            What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                            What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

NOS OEM Ford Crown Victoria Wheel Cover Hub Cap 11" Police Dog Dish LTD SET OF 4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25562886244...cAAOSw0QZiz5De

~David~

Comment

79 - 91 LTD Crown Victoria Grand Marquis Power Seat Switch NOS E2AZ-14A701-A

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27538620877...sAAOSwyGNi0CYZ

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X