No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 - 93 Ford AM/FM cassette radio with "Bluetooth" for iPhone/iPad listening

Now this is pretty slick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-93-For...oAAOSw91pfgFPj

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Can confirm that fuel pump hanger looks correct for a wagon. I haven't put it side by side with a sedan one, but the difference as I understand it is the pump is less parallel to the tank wall on the wagon - it leans inward more. This has something to do with the inward curved shape of the back of the tank. I made an offer on it, because I have some sort of compulsive problem...

The radio with Bluetooth is slick indeed. If they took it just a bit further and made provisions for a microphone (extension lead to put it up by the visor, perhaps) so it could be used for phone calls, that would be ideal.

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

The seller may be able to do it. He has done quite a few different radios and modifications and may take special orders?
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nos Ford Moulding D9AZ-7429279-A WAGON

This seems like a hard to find piece:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nos-Ford-Mo...UAAOSwmyBfjskB

~David~

Comment

1979 Ford LTD Hood ornament

I believe ONLY 1979 rocked these hood ornaments.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-LTD-Ho...oAAOSwKE1fj3K2

~David~

Comment

*Vintage/New* OEM Ford Keypad Computerized Anti-theft System / E1AZ-19A361A

This is tempting. My father had something similar in his 1985 Mustang GT. Memories.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-New...8AAOSwKQNfg2PG

~David~

Comment

Glass inserts on the '79 Hood ornaments. Need to find a Mercury version for Grand1.

The Theft Guard is neat and not a bad price in my opinion.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/sch/patrno_31/m...p2047675.l2562

This guy went to the desert and picked up the squeaky clean parts.

I did the same...I have a pair of front fenders from Arizona in case I ever need them!
                  ~David~

Comment

New 1982 - 1986 mercury grand marquis colony park front bumper new old stock

Pretty! Just the bumperetts. Will fit on crown victoria as well. The bumperette location is off not correct for crown victorias other than the 1987 crown victoria because of shortages. The bumperettes correspond to the grille lenghts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1982-19...MAAOSwCaBfgraA

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-24-2020, 05:15 AM.
                    ~David~

Comment

NOS OEM Ford 1979 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis Headlight Bezel 1980 1981 1982 1983

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-For...8AAOSwe0de8mEB

Attached Files
                      ~David~

Comment

Are those painted bezels a 1987 only thing? I ask since that one has a E7 part number on the box, while the one above has a D9 part number. I see a lot of the fully chrome ones, but not so much the painted ones.

My Cars:
                        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I couldn't tell you anything other than my 87 crown victoria came with painted bezels too. I have always wondered about this myself.
                          ~David~

Comment

80-86 Ford and Mercury have a D9 number
                            87 Ford has an E6 number (do not understand this, but thats what the book says)
                            87 Mercury is an E7 number
                            88 Ford is an E8
                            89 Ford is an E9
                            88+ Mercury is an E8

appears that 1987 is a unique item. No idea what differs from 88 to 89 Ford bezels but 1988 also appears to be unique somehow.
                            Last edited by gadget73; 10-24-2020, 11:16 AM.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Maybe 88 is painted and 89 to 91 full chrome?
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                80-86 Ford and Mercury have a D9 number
                                87 Ford has an E6 number (do not understand this, but thats what the book says)
                                87 Mercury is an E7 number
                                88 Ford is an E8
                                89 Ford is an E9
                                88+ Mercury is an E8

appears that 1987 is a unique item. No idea what differs from 88 to 89 Ford bezels but 1988 also appears to be unique somehow.
                                I don’t know why, but I feel like a post exists about a screw hole not being in the right place for the bezels when a different year one was used on an ‘88 LTD (someone adding clear lenses). Maybe I’m imagining that, though.

I know I also have a decent set of bezels Nick gave me that are the painted inserts. I got the ‘87 with full chrome ones installed. I don’t know if he ever changed them out himself though.

My Cars:
                                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X