No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateway is just acting as a consignment outfit this time. I’m thinking the person who bought it gave it to them and said I’d like to get XX for it. No sweat off their back and if it works they made out. If not they aren’t out anything. Making a profit on something isn’t always a bad thing.

Car was advertised on BAT which is pretty well known for getting top dollar. If someone wants to pay above BAT well then I wouldn’t stop them.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

So what you're saying is, you've done this. "Slave to the money then ya die." and "Always want to play but never want to lose."

Making a profit on something you've owned and put work into is one thing, flipping is another.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post

Making a profit on something you've owned and put work into is one thing, flipping is another.
        This is the point that I really like to stress. I have ZERO problems with someone buying a car and fixing things making it better then selling it. But just blatantly purchasing a car and then trying to get more for it without doing ANYTHING is really annoying. It is not illegal so you cant do squat but pout about it.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Exactly. It's just a character thing for me.

Comment

It’s a capitalist world guys... someone put their money out there in hopes to make a profit.

I hear you from one side but also understand the other side. I myself could think of easier/better ways to make money than trying to flip 35 year old Panthers, but to each his own.
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Comment

Bidding ended at 3550. Ridiculous.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

So he lost money most likely after all the fees.

Edit ... reserve not met.
                Past Panthers

Comment

Yeah reserve not met. Still holding on to the car waiting to get mo' money has to cost something. So who knows how it will all turn out in the end? None of my business.
                  ~David~

Comment

Oh it sure does. Ages ago we almost bought a 1976 or '77 Torino Elite. Was a very nice car, just didn't have the garage space for it and no way was I going to let the car fall to shit because of it. So unfortunately we passed on it. I think they wanted $3,500 or $4,000 for it and it was damn minty. Welp, some clown bought it and immediately listed it for $7,000, zero work done. The ad was pretty entertaining and puke worthy. I troll craiglist enough to have seen it listed for over two years and the price drop down to $5,500. So I'm sure in this case owning that car cost him money to store and maintain- good.

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                    It’s a capitalist world guys... someone put their money out there in hopes to make a profit..
                    One doesn't have to subscribe to the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" motto in this case, they elect to..

That's what I can't stand about capitalists, they take something fun & cool and ruin it by seeing how much money they can make from it and then wringing it until it's dry and there is absolutely nothing left. In the process they make it that much harder for others to get involved because the cost of entry is too high. Then as that happens, they move on to the next scene until that one recovers. It's always about the profit and not about the hobby- they only use the hobby (or whatever it is) as an instrument to attract others to their guise and make money off of them.

I get it, to each their own, and I'm not out trying to gather people to change things. I just don't partake in that which I claim to be against. Hypocrites shouldn't complain and I'm no hypocrite.
                    Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 12-14-2020, 08:39 AM.

Comment

They want 10,500 for a Andrews car that was bought at 3,000 on Bring A Trailer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Ford-L...0AAOSwhlBf1aWq

Original BAT auction:https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rown-victoria/
                      ~David~

Comment

1986 - 1991 FORD LTD CROWN VICTORIA REAR driver left side WINDOW SWITCH OEM

This appears to be an uncommon piece...at least I cannot recall its exact application. I see other though on ebay so I am probably mistaken here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1991-F...AAAOSwAsRfJgqD

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-17-2020, 07:56 AM.
                        ~David~

Comment

1986 - 1990 FORD LTD CROWN VICTORIA REAR PASSENGER right side WINDOW SWITCH OEM

And the passengers side:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1990-F...0AAOSw1TxfJgvp

~David~

Comment

NOS Genuine Ford E45Y-2B623-A Parking Brake Switch

Parking brake release:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Genuine...EAAOSwvBVf2vYZ
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              They want 10,500 for a Andrews car that was bought at 3,000 on Bring A Trailer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Ford-L...0AAOSwhlBf1aWq

Original BAT auction:https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rown-victoria/
                              Reads like Gateway is listing this for a private seller. Either way, one of them is on crack. At least it won’t end as a derby car, so there’s a plus!
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

They will buying that car a birthday cake every year at that price.
                                Past Panthers

Comment

Working...
                                X