No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-91 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 140mph Speedometer / gauge cluster.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26563584384...YAAOSwnL5iUQcX

This might be a good buy depending on how the bidding goes. Just a shame how shipping prices are so high.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Vintage Suntune Mini Slim Line Tach Tachometer 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 RARE Untested As-Is

Another one of these cool tachs. They fit in the 89 and under box Merc Ford clock spot really well. This one does not have the mounting bracket:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17523739839...EAAOSwMc9iVD-1

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

NOS Ford 1988 - 1991 Crown Victoria Passenger Tail Light Assembly F1AZ-13404-A

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26564075823...gAAOSwGIViVYEQ

~David~

Comment

These usually go for $100.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220414-213731_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1290116
          http://https://www.ebay.com/itm/1251...sAAOSwdj5h-fQu
          Last edited by Grand1; 04-14-2022, 09:38 PM.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

I have been looking for one of these for awhile for my 79 M, but WTF $600?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220415-165501_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	1290118

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40357881867...AAAOSwcpViR5p3

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Grand 1, you have a pm. I found another one from another vendor.

Comment

Nos 1979 - 1986 ford ltd crown victoria country squire windshield molding nos

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40360506208...MAAOSwTR1iWjNI

~David~

Comment

Another box in Finland:
                  https://www.nettiauto.com/ford/ltd/12819571

Obviously an LTD from the outside, but the grille seems newer, the horn pad is Mercury, wood-trimmed wheel and then the dash and gauges... Did Vics come with that dash? Did an '81 come with those door panels? There's alot going on.
                  351W engine, most likely not actually 23K KMs. One extra knob underneath the lightswitch and another under the power antenna switch.
                  1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                  1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

The knob below the power antenna switch is for the Premium Sound amp. I have on in my Mercury. Looks like the switch under the light switch was added on by owner.
                    If you can look at the vin number, you can get more information, like what country it was made in. Mexico ?
                    That might answer why the car has a MGM dash, steering wheel. The door panels were offered that way in many CVs. I had one like this one but different color.
                    Another possibility was the dash was changed to MGM but why ? Personally I would check to see if the car was an insurance total and rebuilt. Interior fire ? Many vehicles that go overseas are totals to be rebuilt.

Comment

It is US made, vin 1FABP35F9BU121095.
                      If the detes are correct, it was actually sold new in Finland! First registration in Finland in June 1981.
                      Also the vin and registration says it's a 302 and not the 351 that the ad claims. Could be swapped though.

We don't have rebuilt titles in Finland, it's either a normal title or junk/salvage title. Junk titles usually only exists in archives, as the vehicles are deregistered. Totaled and rebuilt vehicles are deregistered and reregistered, which basically makes it a a "twin-plate" vehicle, but imported vehicles and reregistered vehicles can also have "twin-plates".
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

The reason Tom asked about being built in Mexico, as you may already know, is that Mexico had the Ford Grand Marquis which are, from what I've seen, a Grand Marquis with Ford badging instead of Mercury badging.

VIN definitely shows it was made in USA as you said (1st character is 1) which iirc was the St Louis plant (11th character U), which would correct/possible for 1981 (10th character B). 2nd character being an F and not an M says it is a Ford not a Mercury, but that is definitely a Mercury dash. Perhaps someone at some point trashed the original dash, then got a trashed/wrecked parts car with great interior and swapped into this one?

8th character F would be 302 like you said (G = 351 and D = 255), but if someone had enough time to swap an entire dash they very well could have had time to swap the engine.

Another possibility, the original 302 blew up. They got an MGM for the engine, but it happened to be the 351 and they decided they liked the MGM dash better.

Edit: Also, I believe those are MGM LS seats, not what would have originally been in an LTD, but could be wrong on that one.
                        Edit again: Keep seeing more each time I look. Someone installed 3pt belts in the rear from something not US domestic (makes sense because the car is not in the US.)
                        Edit yet again: Insta-Clear on off switch on the right side of the HVAC control head if I'm not mistaken. This interior came from a properly LOADED MGM LS if I do say so.
                        Ok, one last edit: just noticed the outside rear view mirrors. Weren't those '79-'80 only? Perhaps that may have been the year range of the donor MGM.

If only the car could talk and tell us the obviously unusual story of its life.
                        Last edited by VicCrownVic; 04-17-2022, 09:31 PM.
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

That makes me think of how the Mercury Capri was the Ford Capri in Europe. That version never shared the Fox platform, however.
                          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

NOS NEW OEM 80-96 Ford Lincoln Mercury Chrome ALL METAL Overhead Dome Light Map

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17525041667...sAAOSwV2hiYCDO

~David~

Comment

That's real nice
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

D9az-5422600b ford crown vic cntry squire door handle rh new oem nos1979-87

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38484943413...wAAOSw9qdiYxlP

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X